Another Sharp Aquos Android Phone Breaks Cover (with a Clamshell Design)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
aquos-android-2.png

Almost two weeks ago we shared with you a story on a new Android Gingerbread phone, from Sharp, called the Aquos SH-12C. It appears that this phone is not the only one that Sharp plans to debut in Japan sometime this year. Another one, called the Sharp Aquos Phone The Hybrid 007SH, has emerged from the shadows.

aquos-android-2-multi.jpg

This one looks extremely unique. It too is a Gingerbread powered phone, but it is also an Autostereoscopic 3D phone with a '"clamshell" design! The 3.4 inch display is 3D, but it also flips up, or swivels around to transform into a traditional Android design. Nifty! It also comes with even more fairly impressive and unique feature specs:
  • Android 2.3
  • 3.4-inch naked-eye 3D LCD touchscreen with 854�--480 resolution
  • 0.7-inch OLED sub-display
  • 16MP CCD camera with 1,280�--720 HD video recording support
  • Waterproof body
  • IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+EDR
  • GPS
  • Digital TV tuner
  • Digital wallet function (Felica/RFID)
  • Infrared port
  • Micro HDMI interface
  • Blu-ray recorder connectivity
  • microSD/SDHC slot (shipped with a 2GB card inside)
  • W-CDMA, GSM
Wow! Waterproof, 16MP camera, and Blu-Ray Recorder connectivity? I'm not sure what to make of that one, but it definitely gets me curious. It's a shame it is only set for Japan for now, but something this impressive would have to eventually show up in the U.S.

aquos_android_2_detailpic.png

As amazing as these two phones look... let's just hope their names are simply internal code-names. If not, Sharp needs to fire their marketing department.

Source: Android.net via PhanDroid

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I really don't think they're that amazing looking, they're pretty ugly to me xD

Beardface

Reaction score
What jumps out at me is the fact this is a waterproof phone. If thats true... wow...

Also, an infared port? So I'm assuming that means it'll have universal remote control abilities. Crazy!

However, how freakin big is that thing going to be against your head when you have it open?!?!?

J5311

Reaction score
That phone is the exact same design as the Samsung u900 aka flipshot

samsung-flipshot.jpg

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
What jumps out at me is the fact this is a waterproof phone. If thats true... wow...

Also, an infared port? So I'm assuming that means it'll have universal remote control abilities. Crazy!

However, how freakin big is that thing going to be against your head when you have it open?!?!?

The Japanese love the infared ports. That & dongles.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
every one has their tastes, as well as opinions..ill share mine....

BARRRFFF! :rating00:

although it does have some very nice hardware, and features

Last edited:

DanDroidX

Reaction score
I like infrared ports. I had one on my old Samsung SCH730. I loved turning on/off the TV in my High School classrooms. It was a great feature and I wish my Droid had an IR port.

I used to tether the hell out of that phone too. It was so easy too. Mount it on the dock and to computer via USB, type some code in dialer, run tether app on computer, DONE.

Samsung-SCH-i730.jpg