Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
ShapeWriter Taken off the Market

ico-time.png
21. Jun, 2010 written by Paul Blouin / Androidhealdines.com
ico-comment.png

’s no secret that the stock android keyboard leaves much to be desired. Users of android based phones were quick to seek out a third party keyboard shortly after typing a few lines on their smart phone.

ShapeWriter was one of the first and most popular but alas the app can no longer be downloaded from the Market as of June 20th. If you have purchased shape writer you should update your software to version 3.0.9 to avoid having the app expire. For those of you who must have your finger glued to your phone to type, there are alternatives.

Swype is the most notable, it is in beta release and should be available on the Market very soon unless you were one of the lucky few who installed it last week when they offered a limited time only download. Swype will also be pre-installed on the new Droid X to be release this coming week.

ShapeWriter Taken off the Market | Androidheadlines.com

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad. I wonder what the reason was. I have ShapeWriter and got it because in was in the Market in case I had problems with Swype.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
...Swype will also be pre-installed on the new Droid X to be release this coming week.

Now THAT's the big news. It means that Swype has reached an OEM agreement either with Motorola or Verizon. And it also suggests that Swype has been able to integrate their app with the Android o/s rather than running it as a "foreign" application.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
...Swype will also be pre-installed on the new Droid X to be release this coming week.

Now THAT's the big news. It means that Swype has reached an OEM agreement either with Motorola or Verizon. And it also suggests that Swype has been able to integrate their app with the Android o/s rather than running it as a "foreign" application.

Yep that will be cool, but he says, "In this coming week", the new commercial says July.. So I guess that means next Thurs, Fri or Sat..

Last edited:

Droman

Reaction score
Use SlideIT

Now the only keyboard on the market which uses this new sliding method is SlideIT. I use it for month and it’s a way better then ShapeWriter and Swype.

RanFar

Reaction score
Thanks Israel

I had formatted my MyTouch 3G and lost ShapeWriter in the process. Thanks for posting the link to download it again, I'm back up and running.