Settings keep changing on their own

Yigal1952

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy s5
No need to apologize, we all learn new things from each other all the time. If things are working correctly in Safe Mode then that points to a Play Store app (one that you downloaded & installed that didn't come pre-loaded on the phone) as a possible cause of the problem. When the phone is running in Safe Mode Play Store apps that didn't come pre-installed do not run. That's why Whatsapp doesn't work in Safe Mode, it's a Play Store app that didn't come pre-installed on the phone. When issues like you described don't happen in Safe Mode that normally means an app is causing the problem. You could jump into a full Factory Data Reset (FDR) which resets the phone back to original factory settings, like the day you first turned it on, but you lose ALL personal files, pictures, music, etc. That may be a little drastic at this point. I would recommend uninstalling every app that you ever installed from the Play Store. Be sure and write down user names, passwords, etc for when you do re-install them....if necessary. Then go into Settings > Storage > Cached Data and tap that > Select OK to clear all old cached app data (this will not remove any personal files). Then reboot the phone (turn off & back on). See how it runs for a while. If all is good, slowly start re-installing apps that you need / use often one at a time and see how it runs. if you experience the same issues, you know which app is causing the problem.
Thank you ever so much for your clear instructions.
I have done exactly as you suggested....and for (a record time since it started) all is good now for more than 12 hours!!!! I will do as you say , returning apps one by one and examine which was causing the problem.
Really appreciate your help
Have a good week end
Yigal

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thank you ever so much for your clear instructions.
I have done exactly as you suggested....and for (a record time since it started) all is good now for more than 12 hours!!!! I will do as you say , returning apps one by one and examine which was causing the problem.
Really appreciate your help
Have a good week end
Yigal
Good deal. Hope things run smooth for you now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk