settings app in incredible 2 is gone

nso09

Reaction score
i uninstalled an app then it flashed for a sudden and then settings is gone...
i need to know how to get it back
i saw that you do a factory reset but i dont know how to do it
help please... or my dad will get furious

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Settings should be in your app drawer, as long as that is not the app that you uninstalled.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
First things first, this is not something you did, it is a bug with the Dinc2, so your dad shouldn't get mad. You will need to read and follow these instructions on a computer because it involves shutting off your phone.

1. Power off the phone
2. Press and hold down the volume down button while pressing the power button.
3. You can release the power button when the screen comes on, but keep holding the volume button down. You will get to a white screen with multi-colored text.
This will boot you into the hboot screen. This is the only area you can get to the factory data reset since your settings are gone.
it will go through a short programimg function then will give you some options. One of those option should be "factory data reset". Using the volume button scroll down to the data reset option then press the power button to select it. If it asks you if you want to do the data reset select yes. After you do the reset, scroll to "reboot" or "reboot android". Once the phone reboots, you should have your settings back. You will have to go through the setup process again which is simply entering in your gmail account information. Your contacts should reload if they were backed up in your gmail account. All of the apps you have downloaded should start to re-download once you have completed the sign in process. If not, you can get them via the market. You will not have to repay for any paid apps you installed. Let us know if you have any questions, and also let us know how it goes. I'll check back later this afternoon, good luck!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
A little clarification for you. I couldn't run through the process earlier so I made some errors. After you power back on while pressing the volume button down you will come to the bootloader screen, not a "hboot" screen. Also the phone will not run through a short update check on this screen. You should now see 4 options. The very first one that is highlighted should be bootloader. Select that with the power button. You will come to a second screen and this is where the update check will occur. Let it do it's thing and it will only take a few seconds. Once it is complete you will need to scroll down to factory reset and select it with the power button. If it asks you are you sure say yes. Once it has completed the reset you should come back to that screen. Scroll up to the first option if you aren't already there and select it with the power button. You will return to the original screen. Scroll down and select reboot and your phone will restart. Follow all of the on screen prompts to enter in your gmail information and setup any accounts you will want to set up (facebook, email, etc...). As I said earlier, if your contacts are saved in your gmail account they will all return. After you have done all of this your settings should return and it should be the last time it happens. Seems the bug only occurs once and stops completely after a factory reset. Let me know if you have any questions.

OP
N

nso09

Reaction score
thanks! i did exactly the thing.
to reset factory settings. fortuntaely, all my settings, apps, were back because of the backup app
thanks and cheers

Reaction score
I keep turning it off, holding down the volume down button, and restarting it, but I'm still not getting the screen... help!!

Last edited: