All Texts Wiped

OP
J

Jayde

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
I tried going to android.com/devicemanager but it just keeps asking me for my password... it won't do anything else.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Try to use your phone as little as possible other than making phone calls. The more that you access your internal memory for everyday normal smartphone uses the less and less your chances of recovery become.

OP
J

Jayde

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
Ollie - My phone has been off or in Airplane Mode since it happened. Very few times have I taken it out.

I have found iSkysoft Data Recovery for Windows Mac Recover Lost Files Quickly and Safely
and it's brought up EVERYTHING. However, I can't fully read/ see what the items are. Nor am I sure what file type or path the texts would be in.

EDIT:: I tried searching /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms. with the iSkysoft and it didn't find anything.

EDIT TWO:: I went back to Motorola Customer Service and updated them on the program, and asked them what file type or path I should look under. They couldn't answer me because: "The department that you reached only do basic trouble shooting and repairs but when it comes to the the program internal access we don't have a specific department that handles those kinds of troubleshooting."

They don't have the proper department for this kind of shat apparently.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jayde

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
All right, one more go at this... so, a .scd is usually a msm - a text, from what I've gathered from research. I have found on my phone a file called Lost Location. Within that file are a BUNCH of other files. Some of them contain bits of information with the .scd extension. I'm fairly certain these are my texts. However, I can't read them beyond that. I can't even confirm if they're texts or not. I looked up the phone number of the locked texts and compared it to a few of the names and it didn't do me any good. I don't remember when I locked them, so checking out the dates doesn't do me any good either. This is what one of them looks like:
Name: Size: Path: Created Date: Date Modified:
202234 - 383.scd 30.88 KB K:/Lost Location/DIR00000004 2013-11-04 2013-11-04

Suggestions? Links? Answers? Anyone?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Over my head. You seem to have gotten farther than anyone else I've seen create a thread like this.

Keep the faith.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
J

Jayde

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
Thanks, Jonny, I'm trying... and I did say I needed those texts back, lol.

I have also discovered that some of them are labeled within the name, but those are commercial texts, such as ones from iHeartRadio when I was trying to win a contest where you had text them "passwords". Though those can be excluded, it doesn't help me to identify my human to human texts, which there are far more of. I can exclude a handful, but that's it.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Just a shot here...but look inside the message app settings for the recover messages option??

OP
J

Jayde

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
KaosMaster - I don't think there is a recover option, but I'll give it a shot.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've recovered lots of things for various people including a thesis for a graduating student and then entire library of photos for a girl off her laptop hard drive. If I had the phone I might be able to recover them but to do it remotely is difficult at best. Let me see if I can get involved later this morning when I have time... I have a mandatory training at 1:00 so I'm limited today, and I'm working the polls for Edison Research tomorrow so it's a tough week already

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've recovered lots of things for various people including a thesis for a graduating student and then entire library of photos for a girl off her laptop hard drive. If I had the phone I might be able to recover them but to do it remotely is difficult at best. Let me see if I can get involved later this morning when I have time... I have a mandatory training at 1:00 so I'm limited today, and I'm working the polls for Edison Research tomorrow so it's a tough week already
Remote Desktop Session into the PC and then you only need the OP to do things on the phone if anything needs to be done on there...?;)

OP
J

Jayde

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
FoxKat - Thank you, any help would be great!

KaosMaster - There's nothing doing with your suggestion, I'm afraid. I don't have any kind of option like that.