setting up e-mail

jberry16

Reaction score
I've been trying to set up my cableone.net e-mail and it keeps telling me, after the 'verifying account information...' "warning cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. your server is not responding." then I have the ok or continue option. What do I need to do to get this to work?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to set up my cableone.net e-mail and it keeps telling me, after the 'verifying account information...' "warning cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. your server is not responding." then I have the ok or continue option. What do I need to do to get this to work?

What email app are you using? I'm guessing that the cableone.net is a POP 3 mailbox so setup should be straight forward.

Mike

OP
J

jberry16

Reaction score
Thanks y'all I actually had to get the ports correct & didn't realize that first it walks you through setting up incomming and then outgoing mail & I was just doing the same thing for incomming as outgoing because I didn't realize there was difference. I'm set up and ready to rock n roll now. Thank you.