Setting Custom Ringtones

sampson2269

Reaction score
I cant seem to figure out how to figure out how to set custom ringtones for each of my contacts in my phone book.

mjs31

Reaction score
I cant seem to figure out how to figure out how to set custom ringtones for each of my contacts in my phone book.

Easy...click on your contact then hit the menu button...or whatever it is called. The one with the lines on it. The just select options. Not only can you set the ringtone, but you can also choose to send that caller straight to voicemail ;-)

paulie324

Reaction score
Hi that sounds like the problem I was having and it worked....on one of my droids. On my other one, I have about 8 custom ringtones downloaded but they do not show up in my ringtone list. I am sure i set both phones up identically. Anything you can tell me would be helpful

thanks

Tiger

Reaction score
Thanks. This was actually very simple. Have been trying different ways, even with Ringdroid, and would not work.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Hi that sounds like the problem I was having and it worked....on one of my droids. On my other one, I have about 8 custom ringtones downloaded but they do not show up in my ringtone list. I am sure i set both phones up identically. Anything you can tell me would be helpful

thanks

Go into the music folder and choose the song you want to be a ringtone. Hold down on the title of the song and a menu will pop up. Choose "Add as ringtone." Then you can go to the specific contact and add the song as you did before.

paulie324

Reaction score
Thanks. The first part worked but it only set it as the ringtone for all calls. Not sure how to get it set for a specific contact. Any solution?

zegolf

Reaction score

thanks

File format, file name structure, and DRM have all been see to be culprits in this example. Try opening the ringtones up in the media player first. You may find that the Droid can't play that particular file format.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Thanks. The first part worked but it only set it as the ringtone for all calls. Not sure how to get it set for a specific contact. Any solution?

To set the specific contact, do the first part as described earlier (that worked for you)... then go to the specific contact and view it. then Menu > Options > Set ringtone. Choose the ringtone that you transferred over to the ringtone list.