Setting available sync time via battery settings not working

JordanCN

Reaction score
I posted the following question a few days ago about stopping my Droid 2 from syncing at night and waking me up however it does not appear to be working. I went to :

Settings ->
Battery Manager ->
Custom Battery Saver::

I have the following setup:

Off Peak
Start and End = 9:00P M to 7:00 AM
Turn Off Data after = 15 Minutes

Peak Hours
Turn Off Data = Always On

However I am still getting emails from my Exchange Server account during the middle of the night. This morning I saw messages on my phone way before 7:00 AM. My Exchange Server is a 2003 Server so it is not "Push" capable so the phone is getting the messages on its own.

I would rather not use the widget to toggle the sync because I know I will forget way to often to turn it back on.

Posted last week:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...312-exchange-syncing-work-non-work-hours.html

dast

Reaction score
I've seem the same behavior.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
J

JordanCN

Reaction score
I have a feeling it is something to do with the setting that says after 15 minutes of inactive data activity. Since no app seems to have an "Exit" option and everything on the phone is constantly checking for updates I would wonder when the data activity ever stops.

I just got the phone on Monday and the only thing I loaded on it so far was an ING atm locator, Bump, and Angry Birds.