SetCPU profiles

chewy74

Reaction score
I think all ROM sections should have a thread for those who use setCPU.

For overclocking experts, please share with everyone what your current profiles are and what's working best for you.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

For overclocking experts, please share with everyone what your current profiles are and what's working best for you.

They did something similar over on the UD forum. It's not the magic bullet that you might think it was. Everyone's Droid is different and what works fine and produces great results on my Droid, might not have the same results on yours. In the end, it's interesting, but not terribly helpful information.

-Mike

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Agreed, but the same can be said about trying different ROMs. The point of this was to give users like me with lack of experience and knowledge of setcpu and overclocking, different options to try to learn from...

Raven1r44

Reaction score
setCPU profile ScreenOff: I use max250 and min250. awesome battery life, even when using GPS and bluetooth for hours on end.

I know my sig says im running BB .4 but I recently changed to lithium mod with the watermarked theme, love it!

Reaction score
Here are my profiles:

Screen Off: 125 max/125min, priority 100
Charging/Full: 125 max/125 min, priority 98
Battery <50%: 550 max/125 min, priority 93
Battery <100% 1000 max/125 min, priority 90
Temp >46.6 degrees C: 400 max/125 min, priority 50.

Usually get around 24hrs battery life. Using p3Droid's 1.2GHz low voltage kernel and JuiceDefender (paid).

Last edited:

EbE404

Reaction score

Please don't take this the wrong way, I really do want to help.

Your answers are here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

You will not find a better resource of knowledge and info about all things related to overclocking.

The problem with simply trying to go with what others are using are:

• Each phone really, really is different-what works for one person with a specific kernel and ROM may be completely different for somebody else.
  • "Best" is a completely subjective thing-what's most important? Battery life? Responsiveness? Thermal characteristics? A balance of the three?
  • Results on the above criteria will vary greatly from user to user based on how somebody actually uses their phone.

I'm afraid the simple answer is there is not a simple answer. While it might be tempting to take people's settings and see how they work for you, in the end, it will be faster and a lot more effective for you to study how this stuff works and dial in your settings directly based on your usage, your performance criteria and your hardware.

As I say, I do want to help, but the right answer is in my signature.

Last edited:

audioscience

Reaction score
You guys who have 125 or 250 min/max with screen off, do you have issues when the phone rings and it comes out of sleep?

Mine will ring (with vibrate on as well) and will take a while to show the slide answer screen, then when I answer it will vibrate again after I've answered and people hear the vibration. It gets really annoying.

This is with a 300-350MHz min/max on the JFDKL, but it did that before on ChevyNo1's too. I'll try my luck with a slightly higher clock speed max during sleep.

EbE404

Reaction score
You guys who have 125 or 250 min/max with screen off, do you have issues when the phone rings and it comes out of sleep?

Mine will ring (with vibrate on as well) and will take a while to show the slide answer screen, then when I answer it will vibrate again after I've answered and people hear the vibration. It gets really annoying.

This is with a 300-350MHz min/max on the JFDKL, but it did that before on ChevyNo1's too. I'll try my luck with a slightly higher clock speed max during sleep.

This can be easily resolved by upping you max value to , 400, 450, 500 or whatever reasonable slot you have (depending on the kernel). Doing this in conjunction with good Sampling Rate and Up Threshold settings will get you a quick wakeup and performance coming out of sleep as well as the vast majority of the battery savings you have setting min/max to the lowest values.

Reaction score

I havent had any problem with that on mine.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
1100 jdlfg

1100 max 300 min on demand
Temp >45.5 degrees C: 300 max/300 min, priority 100.
Screen Off: 300 max/300 min, on demand priority 99
Charging/Full: 550 max/300 min, priority 98
Battery <40%: 1000 max/300 min, priority 94
Battery <30% 750 max/300 min, priority 96
Battery <20% 550 max/300 min, priority 97

sampling rate: 62500
up threshold: 70
ignore nice load: 0
powersave bias: 70

so far im getting better battery life with my normal use...haven't timed it yet...but will.

Last edited:

jason6g

Reaction score
i am running the included kernal with the rom and my settings are as follows:
max: 800mhz
min: 125mhz

profiles:
temp >100°f 40°c - min: 125mhz, max: 550mhz priority 100
screen off - min: 125mhz, max: 550mhz priority 50

my logic:

when the phone is on and running normal, the cpu will be allowed to run between 800 & 125, this way, when needed it can max at 800, when idling with nothing straining it, it can drop to 125

when the phone gets hot, same concept as above, except it is now limited to the stock speed of 550mhz

and same concept as above for when the screen is off, except i figure allowing it to get to 500mhz is enough for the phone to not bog down when i get a call/text or when i want to turn it on, it comes on and unlocks right away.

in my experiance, setting profiles at 125/125 or both at the same speed for that matter is useless, i feel that when the cpu has a range to work from, it seems to operate much more desireable, and i seem to get optimal battery life / usability out of my phone from the above settings. i like to think that when you set min/max to the same its like telling a child so sit still, not so desireable results as telling the kid it can roam freely through a set fenced in yard.