seriously bad lag

funnyfish

Reaction score
My husband has the droid 1 and lately his phone has a lag. Its so bad that when he hits the home button it takes up to five minutes for his icons to reappear. He is stock unrooted. I had heard the stock launcher was slow so I added launcherpro to his phone. Launcherpro works well for me. But his phone still has a terrible lag. He has even deleted apps to free up some space but it still lags terribly. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to help his phone?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can have him back up anything he needs (SMS/mms) and then perform a factory reset. That's all you can do with a stock phone.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well you can clear cache and also run a script in terminal to remove lag specifically.

Please don't take rooting lightly.

Follow link one in my signature. And read a lot and we will be here with answers.

I would suggest factory reset first. Also if you are inside a year you could go to vzw.

I can't promise that rooting will absolutely get rid of your lag.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
funnyfish

funnyfish

Reaction score
Mine has been rooted since the first week and I have never run across thàt issue. I have tried many different roms and the worst I have run into is battery drain. He is not into rooting or having to reinstall all of his stuff. He also doesnt want to lose his settings for apps or data from his games. So I was trying to avoid the factory reset

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey