Serious question, what is the best app to find your phone?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Serious? There is no solid app to locate your phone via GPS on screen, lock it, play a sound, or erase data?

Wow, why would I want GPS coordinates sent to me? Just friggin show on a PC screen where the phone is, this is that difficult? I know there are a couple in Play store, but they are mega fails and have too much adware for the free versions.

I dont get what is so hard for google to have an iCloud like system, I really dont.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Serious? There is no solid app to locate your phone via GPS on screen, lock it, play a sound, or erase data?

Wow, why would I want GPS coordinates sent to me? Just friggin show on a PC screen where the phone is, this is that difficult? I know there are a couple in Play store, but they are mega fails and have too much adware for the free versions.

I dont get what is so hard for google to have an iCloud like system, I really dont.
Yes, Lookout is a great app, does exactly what you are asking. But....if you have an app on the phone, and the phone is lost....what good is the app? No phone....no app.

That why Android Device Manager its so easy and convenient.

SJBBF

Reaction score
What does the almighty 'icloud' do that the Device Manager doesn't. It's the same concept. And there isn't just gps coordinates.. it shows you right on Google maps (you know, the one better than apples) where your phone is. I'm sure you haven't tried it yet based on your ceaseless whining.

notbitter

Reaction score
I use Cerberus. It works well for me, not that I've lost my phone all that much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No he hasn't tried it obviously.
It will locate your phone on a map. It will allow you to lock your phone, or erase it or make it ring and put a message on the lock screen.

Why not try it Jimmy?

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No he hasn't tried it obviously.
It will locate your phone on a map. It will allow you to lock your phone, or erase it or make it ring and put a message on the lock screen.

Why not try it Jimmy?

I was curious what the iCloud - Find My Phone website looks like, so i went to it the other day. That web page and the Android Device Manager web page look almost identical; they even have very similar "about this page" verbiage. They look very similar to me, so if someone is used to the iCloud page, or likes the functionality it provides, there is no reason not to like Android Device Manager.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I was curious what the iCloud - Find My Phone website looks like, so i went to it the other day. That web page and the Android Device Manager web page look almost identical; they even have very similar "about this page" verbiage. They look very similar to me, so if someone is used to the iCloud page, or likes the functionality it provides, there is no reason not to like Android Device Manager.

iCloud is is www.icloud.com - What is the name of the website for this? Simple question. Ok, got it, you have to login to your Google account.

Have a question though. At work, I have a google account, and I cant login to my personal google account, how do you go around this, it just asks me if I want to "join" the 2 accounts up, which I dont.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
iCloud is is www.icloud.com - What is the name of the website for this? Simple question. Ok, got it, you have to login to your Google account.

Have a question though. At work, I have a google account, and I cant login to my personal google account, how do you go around this, it just asks me if I want to "join" the 2 accounts up, which I dont.

Android Device Manager needs to be tied to the Google / GMail account used to activate the phone. I assume that's your personal account that you can't access. You can reset your password on the G Mail sign in screen from a PC, just click the need help link and reset your Google / G mail password for the personal account. Once that is done, reboot your phone. It will prompt you to enter the new password on your phone. That should do the trick.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Android Device Manager needs to be tied to the Google / GMail account used to activate the phone. I assume that's your personal account that you can't access. You can reset your password on the G Mail sign in screen from a PC, just click the need help link and reset your Google / G mail password for the personal account. Once that is done, reboot your phone. It will prompt you to enter the new password on your phone. That should do the trick.

Okay, I meant I have TWO Google accounts, one for work, one at home (personal).

Should I be at work, there is no way to login to my other Gmail unless I open a new browser other than Chrome (FAIL). I obviously do not want to combine the accounts for email reasons.

Also, my entire "rant" about the iCloud vs. Androids device manager could have simply been answered with "https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager" and to make sure I have it turned on in my phone and perhaps a simple video like this could have been posted:

Find your lost Android device with Android Device Manager | How To - CNET

I hope others with Androids find this post to be helpful. I should have done the homework myself as it seems the only question answered on this forum lately with a real answer was the one about the SIM tray and how after 8 posts it was finally figured out all the poor guy needed to know was to use a pin in the hole to click it out.

Anyway, I know your sick of my "negative" attitude in this forum, but after visiting 2 others, I found that they had real substance and real questions with fast answers and real opinions.

So I wont be posting much anymore on here, it seems to me this site is a true fan boy site which stinks, because one should always keep their eyes open on all the tech out there, it seems every time "Apple" was mentioned the poster was steam rolled.

And I know its an Android forum, but even the other sites that are Android sites are more open to other technologies. Also I joined this site because it was a "DROID" site, Droid as in just Droids, but realize its ALL Androids, so the name is also kind of misleading.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Okay, I meant I have TWO Google accounts, one for work, one at home (personal).

Should I be at work, there is no way to login to my other Gmail unless I open a new browser other than Chrome (FAIL). I obviously do not want to combine the accounts for email reasons.

Also, my entire "rant" about the iCloud vs. Androids device manager could have simply been answered with "https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager" and to make sure I have it turned on in my phone and perhaps a simple video like this could have been posted:

Find your lost Android device with Android Device Manager | How To - CNET

I hope others with Androids find this post to be helpful. I should have done the homework myself as it seems the only question answered on this forum lately with a real answer was the one about the SIM tray and how after 8 posts it was finally figured out all the poor guy needed to know was to use a pin in the hole to click it out.

Anyway, I know your sick of my "negative" attitude in this forum, but after visiting 2 others, I found that they had real substance and real questions with fast answers and real opinions.

So I wont be posting much anymore on here, it seems to me this site is a true fan boy site which stinks, because one should always keep their eyes open on all the tech out there, it seems every time "Apple" was mentioned the poster was steam rolled.

And I know its an Android forum, but even the other sites that are Android sites are more open to other technologies. Also I joined this site because it was a "DROID" site, Droid as in just Droids, but realize its ALL Androids, so the name is also kind of misleading.

Sorry about misunderstanding the two accounts, that makes perfect sense now. My bad! I wouldn't want to combine them either. If your phone was lost and you had to find it, open a new "Incognito" window, which will not sign into Chrome with any G Mail account. Then when you navigate to the ADM website, you sign in with any G Mail account tied to a phone. That's how I used it to make my wife's phone scream, while logged into Chrome with my G Mail account.

As far as the simple link answer, please look at Page 1. I posted the link early on in this thread.

I am not bashing, and not a fan boy of any phone. I have nothing against i Phones. I fell like a person should own whatever phone makes them happy. It's your money paying the bill...right?

I am just trying to help with the ADM questions.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I meant to post this with me last reply. Here is a link to Google Answers; see the "find a friends" phone section. That has the Incognito window steps. Would work to log in with a personal Google account and not interfere with your work account.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3265955?hl=en

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ill give it a shot.
6.jpg
Just say No...to Crack and Spam!