Serious Lag

Troops2990

Reaction score
Sometimes my og d1 has some serious lag going on, it is overclocked to 1000 Mhz with the minimum at 400 on demand. Sometimes the phone works awsome and then sometimes there will be a solid 30 second delay for any of my input. When it does this it just seems to clear up after 5-10 min. It doesn't seem to matter what im doing on the phone but it always starts after i turn the screen on. I have plenty of free memory on the phone (about 50 mb). Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

modified

Reaction score
Join the club. I use cache cleaner and recently started using a task manager (despite the opposition) and this combination seems to help. Using 1GHz slayher kernel and sometimes switch to Chevy's, though the difference is negligible.

BB, UD, Lithium... all the same. ADW EX does seem to work better then LP though.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try moving your minimum up one notch and see if that helps.

DroidForums Junkie!!

shmoo

Reaction score
I had that problem too. What I did to clear up that issue was backup my apps, clear data and cache, reboot and I was good to go. Worked like a charm

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

nibblit

Reaction score
Troops2990, bluesami, modified and Liderc:

None of you will like the answer; however, the solution does work: Hard re-boot. I had to do this for all my siblings.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
no real solution to completely eliminate it, its an android problem and not phone specific...

like people have suggested cache cleaners, restarting the phone once a day, trying another kernel...

BlueSami

Reaction score
Troops2990, bluesami, modified and Liderc:

None of you will like the answer; however, the solution does works: Hard re-boot. I had to do this for all my siblings.
Yea i figured.. i usally install a new rom about once a month.. but i don't want to put the new UD rom on my phone yet. i guess it might be time to try out other roms lol!1

no real solution to completely eliminate it, its an android problem and not phone specific...
O good i thought you were going to say something like "this wouldn't happen if you had an Iphone!"

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to do a hard reset and save all of your app configs/bookmarks and whatnot or does that defeat the purpose of the factory reset.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to do a hard reset and save all of your app configs/bookmarks and whatnot or does that defeat the purpose of the factory reset.

Not unless you're rooted and have Titanium. I've never done it but I think you need to freeze the apps before doing the reset.

I'm not 100% sure of this, you may want to send the dev an email or see if someone who is 100% sure responds.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hook beat me to it! Freeze isn't required. After you reset, just download Titanium again (if its not there when you boot backup). Your apps and their data are backed up to SD and aren't affected by a data reset.

Not unless you're rooted and have Titanium. I've never done it but I think you need to freeze the apps before doing the reset.

I'm not 100% sure of this, you may want to send the dev an email or see if someone who is 100% sure responds.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
uhh maybe i'll have to try the hard reset thing.. how do you download just titanium?? everytime i have done a hard reset, i sign in and it starts downloading everything on its own, in its own order, usually titanium is one of the last to download it seems.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Try a different kernel. I was having some lag issues that sound about like your description. I finally settled on a medium voltage P3droid 1000 kernel and set SetCPU throttling to On Demand. There is a slight lag as the throttling ramps up but it is way better than the 30 second random lags I was getting before. You can always set SetCPU to performance when you need it, but kiss that battery good by when you do that.

Compromises. Battery or lag. The above settings seem to give me the best of both.

The low voltage kernels gave me the worst lag. And the battery life is not very much worse with the medium voltage kernels.

Nate