Separate pics and icons in gallery?

stangdroid

Reaction score
I downloaded the icons that matt had made and have been using since.is it possible to separate them from my pictures in the gallery so that I dont have to go through every icon between all my pictures in my gallery? And where buttercut will still be able to see them?

markmicallef

Reaction score
put a blank file in the folder containing the icons titled .nomedia

easiest to do this through a pc with your droid's sdcard mounted.

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
After doing that, bettercut can still read the icons when I choose"pick picture"? Forgive my ignorance here, I just want to make sure I understand it correctly. I just make a new folder with all the icons in it under that name in the download file on my sd card?

OpalCat

Reaction score
I downloaded the icons that matt had made and have been using since.is it possible to separate them from my pictures in the gallery so that I dont have to go through every icon between all my pictures in my gallery? And where buttercut will still be able to see them?
Do you have them in their own folder in your DCIM folder?

mmarhcs

Reaction score
Why are there thumbnails in my gallery that say "all pictures" and "pictures" and "all videos" and "video". Identical files. The "all pictures" icon has a little camera graphic in the lower right corner and the "all pictures" has a little folder graphic. They both have the same pictures in them.

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
Do you have them in their own folder in your DCIM folder?

I have them in a folder in my downloads file on the sd card.they sit along with my camera pics and videos.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
After doing that, bettercut can still read the icons when I choose"pick picture"?
I can't answer that as I don't user Bettercut. However, it would be quick and easy to test. If Bettercut can't see them then just remove the .nomedia file.

Why are there thumbnails in my gallery that say "all pictures" and "pictures" and "all videos" and "video". Identical files. The "all pictures" icon has a little camera graphic in the lower right corner and the "all pictures" has a little folder graphic. They both have the same pictures in them.
Because you don't have more folders of pictures. If you had another folder, say named "Wallpapers", then "All Pictures" would contain images from both "Pictures" and "Wallpapers".

"All Pictures" is a superset of "Pictures" even though it doesn't appear that way on your Droid.

Last edited:

liorv

Reaction score
Connect your droid to your pc, it would be less hassle.