sense and ics question.......Mr. smith

andeejo

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I posted in a thread that I was having trouble when backing out of an app, my phone would restart. I deleted the app it would mostly happen to, but it still happens every once in awhile randomly. Mr Smith said that it sounds like sense is crashing. Would the ics download take care of this problem or make it worse? Anybody know? I have not rooted and still stock.

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
One more thing. I am currently on vacay and don't want to download until I get home. I want to check and see if I have the update. What option would I hit if I want to save it for later. I'm afraid it won't come back.

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
I'm putting this out there again. When I download ics, is it like putting a whole new software on my phone? So if I was having problems with sense 3.5. It would go away with the new sense 3.6

acejavelin

Reaction score
Possibly, the update is a delta that contains all the changes from the stock rom to the new rom, not a "complete" image. I would try the update, but if you are still having problems, just flash the .12 RUU, although if you have no issues with a factory default, I would just flash the RUU to be safe, it will rewrite everything on the phone and not just the changes.

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
Thx ace for the reply. However, I am stock GB and not rooted. Dies that change anything? I'm not good at roori.g and roms

acejavelin

Reaction score
Thx ace for the reply. However, I am stock GB and not rooted. Dies that change anything? I'm not good at roori.g and roms
No, in fact to install an RUU you must be stock. Just copy the official RUU to the root of your sdcard, rename the file PH98IMG.ZIP, turn off Fastboot, power down, then turn on the power holding VOL DOWN, from there everything is automatic but remember it will wipe everything in the phone that isn't on the external SD card.