Sending Videos to a friend

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have an X, I want to send a 5 min. video to a friend's email...PLEASE HELP!! It says its to large to attach and so I tried to edit it and so I did and I texted to my email for trial and did not work.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I've not tried to send a video that large so I'm unable to make any suggestions. I'm moving your thread to the X general discussion area so that other members with X's can view and reply.

Mike

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
An option would be to get an account at YouTube, Flickr, or some other photo/video sharing site. Then, using an app for that site (several available in the Market) upload the video. You can send your friend a link to the video instead.

While I know this is possible from browsing the Market I can't recommend any specific service or app. I haven't actually needed to send any videos directly from my phone. I usually move them to my computer and then share them from there.

Hopefully someone else can suggest a good combination.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Also, make sure you are connected to a wifi spot and try sending the video again. There are stricter limits on file sizes when you are on 3G than when you are on wifi.

garath

Reaction score
You can either send it to your friend via email (probably after lowering the size anyways) but you may never be able to mms something that long.

The best bet is to edit it and lower the resolution. It's ugly but that's your only hope. At best I've been able to send 30 second vids.

It won't help your current video but for future use, there is a messaging video mode in the camcorder that limits the resolution and size of the video for MMS. It'll stop the video automatically when you reach the limit.

wayneman

Reaction score
I have had trouble sending a video from my "X" to my PC..can you give me the steps on that please...would appreciate it.
When I select the video..I then go to share...then select email...and after that is where I am having my problems.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Qik is a great app for sharing videos of any length. Check it out. its free.

wayneman

Reaction score
Qik is a great app for sharing videos of any length. Check it out. its free.

Thanks...at this time I just want to send the video from my X to my PC.
Are there instructions on the Forum on how to do that. I have tried but can't get it to work.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you mount the phone like the D1? If so, just find it on the sdcard and drag it over the to PC. The use the PC to email it.

eodguy2

Reaction score
looks like that qik app has some problems according to a lot of the comments