Sending hotmail emails that are received blank

LogInName

Reaction score
This might be more of a Hotmail issue vice a phone issue but here goes. I set up my Hotmail account no problem and can receive emails. However, every email I send comes up blank to the receiver. I've sent it to multiple recipients to make sure it's not a problem on their end (each receiver had a different email service too). I've tried adjusting the email settings and the "my account" settings but to no avail. I have a feeling that my emails are being filtered because one of my settings are off but I unable to change it. Thanks.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you by any chance tried the official Hotmail Android app? My wife uses it and it works a heck of a lot better than setting up Hotmail manually.

--
sent from my Razr

OP
LogInName

LogInName

Reaction score
I set up Hotmail by selecting it from a menu of email services when I first set up the phone. I believe that's the official droid app. I didn't manually enter any of the settings. I might try re-installing it to see if it makes a difference.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should check out this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7

It will keep your mail on your phone and in your Hotmail inbox synced up. It sounds like you setup with the basic POP3 setup on the phone, which just downloads it from the servers and doesn't sync up.

edit: it's the official app from Microsoft

OP
LogInName

LogInName

Reaction score
Booya! You are the man. Realized I had just the basic POP3 settings like you said because the hotmail inbox on my phone wasn't syncing up with the inbox on my computer. Downloaded the app, sent a test a email, and message was received. Thanks!