Send comments to FCC for anti-"bill shock" policy. Act NOW!

jozhua

Reaction score
It's a consumer rights issue. We have lemon laws, laws to protect credit card holders, I think this is needed. Who's going to stand up for the consumer?

Whoa! I'm a consumer and I do NOT need anyone standing up for me. Don't lump us all into one big group just because you think you need someone holding your hand.

First time I went on a cruise I called my provider and arranged for service in Mexico and asked them how I could prevent roaming charges while at sea. Simply turn off the roaming option until I landed in Mexico. It was that simple but it did require me to think.

Think! Do not ask your government to protect you from yourself. Eventually they will take your droid from you just like they are trying to take our guns from us now.

Nate

Just don't send the FCC a note supporting this then. There are plenty of people that do need their hand held when it comes to understanding cell phones/computers etc & they are only going to become a more integral part of our lives. There is nothing wrong with a heads up message(just like one you get when your bill is due) to give them a warning.

JCo352

Reaction score
It's a consumer rights issue. We have lemon laws, laws to protect credit card holders, I think this is needed. Who's going to stand up for the consumer?

Whoa! I'm a consumer and I do NOT need anyone standing up for me. Don't lump us all into one big group just because you think you need someone holding your hand.

First time I went on a cruise I called my provider and arranged for service in Mexico and asked them how I could prevent roaming charges while at sea. Simply turn off the roaming option until I landed in Mexico. It was that simple but it did require me to think.

Think! Do not ask your government to protect you from yourself. Eventually they will take your droid from you just like they are trying to take our guns from us now.

Nate

Coming from the guy that just found out you can put music on the Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, looks like we are headed for a political discussion. Politics aren't allowed. Keep that in mind.

OP
aminaked

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where do we live where we need to be hand fed everything? Y

I understand that you don't want too much regulation. I agree. However, it is my opinion that in certain cases consumer protection is needed because of abuse by companies.

Just look at other industries. Are there surprise bills for $18,000? In the auto industry, they have to give you an estimate up front. Yadda, yadda. I think that wireless carriers are in a position to surprise people with high bills. They are in a position to abuse this.

I want to get a simple text from my carrier when I get over a certain threshold. They send me texts pretty much every month for this and that. How about something I can actually use?

I don't think it's going to lead to a totalitarian state if I get a heads up. If you disagree then simply submit your side to the FCC.

jozhua

Reaction score
Where do we live where we need to be hand fed everything? Y

um, in an environment where corporations only care about their bottom line and not the welfare of the consumer, unless of course they are forced to? :)

I really didn't expect these replies. I, for one, am glad aminaked posted this & fully support it.