Selling D3 for Nexus, need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmw017

Reaction score
Hi so with the upcoming Nexus Prime less than a month away (Oct 27th, Nov 4th, or Nov 10th,) I've decided to sell my Droid 3.

My D3 is in ..95% perfect condition. Screen is flawless (Wrapsol Protector, sup lol), and the rest of the device does not have a single scratch or dent in it at all... except one spot in the bottom right corner under the bezel, nothing major. The phone includes the original box, every (stupid) piece of paper it came with, and the Motorola Extended Battery valued at $50 + tax.

I actually bought this phone fully intending to sell it when the Nexus was close to release, and now that time is here. With Amazon selling all the Verizon phones for $1 on a new contract and the value of my phone dropping steadily everyday, I need to sell this thing off quick.

I'm going to list it on Craigslist, eBay, Amazon (maybe?), and around my campus for $350 (phone + ext. battery) sometime next week. The Prime is most likely going to go for $590 full-retail. I have $120 saved up with another $200 incoming shortly. I'm going to have to pre-order the Nexus one week before it's actual release and I'm looking to buy the extended battery for it as well (not that important, but if I can manage it...)

So, my questions are::: Does $350 sound like a fair price considering the condition of the phone and it's features, should I sell it rooted/debloated or 100% stock, and (perhaps most importantly) can anyone think of a way for me to find a buyer for this phone without having to actually sell off my phone weeks before my Nexus even arrives?

Any input is greatly appreciated :] TY for reading.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would sell it stock in order to better cater to the general public. I have sold multiple droids on craigslist in addition to listing them in the classifieds at android.net or androidforums.com. I have had success with them all. Regarding the price, I would look at other listings at those places and just form an asking price based off of what you find. Hope this helps..

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Oh wow almost forgot!
...Is it enough to factory reset my D3 (after unrooting, debloating..etc etc) or...do I have to call up Verizon or something and tell them to...deactivate my phone..or something along those lines? .. having a hard time phrasing this question, sorry.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Looks like the price you are asking is a good place to start. The same phone is selling for $300 on ebay.

You don't have to do anything with Verizon. However, you may have to provide the potential buyer with your ESN so they can verify it's clean.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Looks like the price you are asking is a good place to start. The same phone is selling for $300 on ebay.

You don't have to do anything with Verizon. However, you may have to provide the potential buyer with your ESN so they can verify it's clean.

ESN? Okay, I'll look into that, thanks. So.. is there a way I can take the D3 off of my Verizon line once it's sold? The phone is on a prepaid line with Verizon but still, would a factory reset take the device off of my service or?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
ESN is Electronic Serial Number. Shut down the phone, remove the battery and you should see it listed there. Sometime's it's called the MEID - Mobile Equipment IDentifier.

I think you're going to have to have another Verizon phone to keep your line open or they will nail you with a early termination fee. For that advice you'd have to call Verizon customer support to see if there's something they can do for you. Maybe they'll just hold your line open until the replacement phone is received and activated. They are the only one's that can answer that questions though.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
ESN is Electronic Serial Number. Shut down the phone, remove the battery and you should see it listed there. Sometime's it's called the MEID - Mobile Equipment IDentifier.

I think you're going to have to have another Verizon phone to keep your line open or they will nail you with a early termination fee. For that advice you'd have to call Verizon customer support to see if there's something they can do for you. Maybe they'll just hold your line open until the replacement phone is received and activated. They are the only one's that can answer that questions though.

Yeah just called them a few minutes ago actually. I'll just buy some lame replacement phone and return it in two weeks, which should end up a couple of days within the release day of the Nexus (unless it's the 10th, in which case I'll have to live a week without a phone.... *cough*)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please do not use this thread to sell your device see our classifed thread for that.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Yep, have no intention of selling it here. Just looking for advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.