selling an unlimited data plan?

ryanr509

Reaction score
I've seen someone on my local craigslist trying to sell a unlimited data plan with phone for $350 I'm wondering how this would work? Just transfer into the buyers name or what.

maxdaddy99

Reaction score
Yes. Its called an "ASSUMPTION OF LIABILITY ". Ive done this twice before. I actually have an unlimited data line with a droid 2 on it now that i dont need anymore. Just prefer to meet locally.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
And when are they going to start making the ppl with unlimited go to tiered data with the upgrade. I'd like to buy this guys line and upgrade to the galaxy s3 and keep the unlimited if possible

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The deal is that unless you pass vzw's credit check, you can't assume liability. You may also have to pay a 400$ deposit.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Well I already have a line with Verizon so that should be OK I think

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And when are they going to start making the ppl with unlimited go to tiered data with the upgrade. I'd like to buy this guys line and upgrade to the galaxy s3 and keep the unlimited if possible

Yes its possible. If you can pass the credit check and not have to pay a deposit. But other than that.... it should transfer.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris

There isn't a specific date set but basically what will happen soon is that once you upgrade you lose your unlimited data and have to change to one of their current plans. Unless, however, you buy a phone full priced. Which is in the range of 600-900 dollars. Then you get to keep your unlimited data, so if you're going to do it, do it ASAP

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Ya I would like to get that line get the s3 and add my current line to the unlimited plan or vice versa. I don't want to lose my unlimited plan and I don't want to lose my 4gb of data I currently have on my razr

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Also I usually buy phones off craigslist and then switch them to my account. I got my RAZR there about 2 months ago for $250 which I didn't think was bad

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
You won't get switched off an unlimited data plan or any plan for that matter provided you do not get a subsidized phone (discounted upgrade price) after the tiered data packages drop.

You can activate old, used and full price phones and keep your data.

I foresee a large market of people with extra upgrades and no unlimited plan buying new phones and reselling below full retail once the changes roll out.

manhatton

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack..... If anyone is interested I have an unlimited line I would unload, upgrade date of 7/26. I would prefer to hook up a fellow DF member rather than a random eBayer.