Select All Messages

Tat2

Reaction score
is there a way in gmail to select all messages and mark them for delete, read, or unread.......it gets to be a pita to check mark off each message one by one to delete them

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I switched to K9 but I just checked my Gmail app. Mine had check boxes on the left of the screen which I can tap and then press delete. Look at your settings(tap menu, tap settings) and see if batch operations is checked.

Mike

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can check off multiple ones and delete them all at once but can not check them all off at once, which is what I think you're looking to do. You can check off a full page worth of them via the web interface though. While it would be nice to do it all in one app if it is a big pain you could just delete them from a shortcut on the phone's browser or a computer later. I'll browse my emails on the phone but tend to reply from the pc so I'm not an exclusive phone email user.

OP
T

Tat2

Reaction score
yes, I was looking to check ALL off at one shot to delete messages rather then go check off one at a time....just like if checked from a regular computer browser online

jkayner

Reaction score
There is no "Select All" but once you select a bunch there IS a "Deselect All" from the menu. How retarded is that?