Seeing TXT recipients

gwengert

Reaction score
I had a Blackberry just prior to getting my Droid X. On the BB I was able to see on an incoming TXT message who all recieved it. I can not seem to see that on the X. I like to know who all got the txt so I do not forward it onto the same people. Anyone know if it is possible to see that information?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid and use Handcent (free in Market). I do not use this feature so not sure if this is what your are looking for.

Handcent has a receive message settings that allows Delivery report. Is that what you are seeking?

Mike

OP
G

gwengert

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I downloaded it and it looks cool but I don't think it can do what I want. Basically is someone sends a txt to me and say 5 others that the same time, when I get it I would like to be able to see who the other 5 people were that got it. I could see that in the message on my BB.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry I do not use txt that much so I do not know if that feature is available.

Hopefully someone with more experience will weigh in.
Mike

droid lynne

Reaction score
see mutiple text recipients

gwengert...
did you ever figure out how to do this? I would REALLY like to know!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not an option in Android.

jr6300

Reaction score
Not an option in Android.
Not True. I just witnessed a person with a Droid Bionic that has this feature. I cannot find this feature on my Droid 2 recently updated to:Andriod Version 2.3.3 System Version: 4.5.601.A995.Version.en.US I'll have to check her settings tomorrow & reply. I have looked thru handcent & the default message app. & can only see the numbers if you go to message details. Hers showed the names if she had them in her address book & the #'s if not right in the message.

Last edited:

jr6300

Reaction score
Right below "Display suggestions" & right above "Auto-retrieve" in Message Settings there is an entry that can be checked or unchecked called:

Thread Group Conversations
message group via MMS

I believe this is the setting that people are looking for. I don't have that setting on my Droid2 in the default message app. or Handcent that I can find.

The phone that has this feature is a new Droid Bionic with Android 2.3.4 OS.

Phone System is: 5.5.866.XT875.Verizon.en.US