Secure email and One Touch dialing IMprovments needed

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have given up using the built in GMAIL and email apps and only acccess email via the brower interface until this is fixed.
These Faults seem to be with the security on all the Android phones as the all use android OS which neds allot more improvements.
1) All the apps and email apps should be able to have password protection as aoption. The built in passsword for the phone is not good enough.
2) You should be able to switch between line passwords on the phone and your google password or a dedicated phone only password. But even if you use a phone password you should still be able to lock down indiviual apps and email accounts.
3) Old phones using the verizon email apps had this feature as you could set it to prompt for your password every time or not
4) I have seen posts about a droid manual but I have not seen a link. The droid forums seem a steps in the right direction and maybe the manual is somewhere on here but I haven't found it yet.
5) One touch dialing needs great improvement but you have to do 4-5 steps to get there. 1) press unlock, 2) Slide Unlock, 3) enter pw if set, 4) get to home screen or dialer app, 5)Get to right page in app or home screen for shortcut one touch dialing. \
The emaill password problem and the one touch dialing is a huge pain and biggest problem I have seen with the droid phones even though I switched my easier phone for a droid to get better internet access and apps I am asking for fixes suggestions improvements from the cell phone makers and Verizon to fix and improve these problems as it would improve the phone greatly.

I posted this in the password protect thread also
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...910-password-protecting-email-gmail-apps.html

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I find it fine the way it is...

J

Johnly

me too Black n Black:) If you want a BES, pass worded up experience, just get the app "good for android" solved. You can voice dial you know, two steps, slide tap, talk:)

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
coninuing ..

:icon_eek:OK the posts say:
app portector lite/pro...
carrot app lock...
protector
and another thread said "good android"

I will try them and post back what I think

But part 2 of my question was on an old style cell phone where you had a keypad you could have 1 touch dialing ( on a flip phone you had to open the clam shell so 2 steps)
-On a droid phone you can set shortuts on the desktop og get an app than mimics one touch dialing but ...
For Instance on an ALLY you have to do the following let me know if there is a better way:
1) Press the end button to make the screen show the swipe screen
2) Swipe the screen to unlock or if using password protection unlock phone with swipe code
3) If the last app was your one touch dialer press the 1 touch dial and your calling but ..
4-6) if you are in any other app you have to press the send key to bring up contacts and 5-6) to scroll or call or use a favorrite or
4-6) press home key and press 1 touch dial shortcut unless its on different screen so scroll and then press shortcut on different screen
The biggest drawback I miss from old style cell phones that I put up wth grudglely is one touch dialing 1 step Press 4 CAll Home Press 3 CAll a friend etc

Is there a way to make 1 touch dialing faster than 4-6 steps

PLease explain the 2 step process for 1 touch dialing and is it specific to Mororola droids or all android phonesplease explain more (If there is a thread on one touch link it here:icon_eek:

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
My latest phone

I have the droid razr maxx and still have my droid2 i use on wifi if i ever need to type allot. The vzw wifi is 30 bucks when added to plan. Id rather have the extended battery in the maxx. The droid four seems good but i like the maxx battery and form factor

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Went up to droid RAZR Max and then Max HD and better 1 touch widgets but it would be nice to have a few on lock screen chom SMS has a pull down option that kind of adds this that I like