Search Time Square like a DROID!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-does-time-square.jpg

Reminder: Verizon's "Search Time Square like a Droid" runs between 12:30EST - 2:10PM EST and will begin in less then a hour.

Droid has put the crossroads of the world at your command. Using just your voice, you can seach Times Square without touching a single button.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any live coverage of this, has anyone else heard anything?

JeepNaked

Reaction score
So what?.. what's the point?

I'm not even sure how we're supposed "search Times Square" via the website or whatever, but why do I want to do that? I don't live in NYC.. why should I care?

txskeets

Reaction score
Call the 888 number when its 'live' (from your cell phone) and see if you can get a 'spot'. If you get a spot, the system will call you back when its your turn (and it should tell you roughly how long until it calls you). Then go to the website and watch when calls you. I actually got in tonight. Is kind of neat to see the last 4 of your cell phone up there and the search results that you spoke into the phone show up on that display. :)

JeepNaked

Reaction score
Thx txskeets for that explanation.

I'm not sure who that impresses.. I guess NYC folks. It wouldn't help me buy a Droid and doesn't help me now that I have.

I wish @DroidDoes would quit tweeting about it all the time... I'll probably end up stop following if not. I hate spam.. friend-spam or otherwise.

droidfanboy

Reaction score
thats pretty cool i was wondering what this was but now i see i wonder how many droid users will be calling in hopefully a lot this is some very good advertising for the droid they should see great sells by the years end

txskeets

Reaction score
@Jeep - Yeah, its definately a "gimmick", its sort of neat though if you manage to get through and can do your "search". Thats the part I dont get with this, you say what you want to search for and it shows it on a Google Map. It only searches the Times Square area, so your pretty limited with what you can search.

D

DroidMastar

It is pretty cool can't deny a good gimmick... And they picked a great location to exploit, as they exploit droid owners, as they exploit the capabilities of the droid... lol