search function seems useless in here

drumtrucker

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Every time I try to search for something I get tons of results, but NONE seem to apply to my search.

Example: in Android apps forum, search this forum: Advanced Map
results in an endless list of threads that I can't see anything applying to my search.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Use Google. There are too many members and threads going at once to really get an accurate search using the tools here.

To use Google to search properly here you'll want to phrase your search request like this:

site:droidforums.net +terminal +"remove rom manager"

That will search ONLY droidforums.net and all results will include the word terminal and the phrase remove rom manager. If you want to exclude any word put a - in front of it, a + will mean you wish all results to include that word, and for phrases use the " like shown. :)

Hope this helps.

OP
drumtrucker

drumtrucker

Reaction score
Use Google. There are too many members and threads going at once to really get an accurate search using the tools here.

To use Google to search properly here you'll want to phrase your search request like this:

site:droidforums.net +terminal +"remove rom manager"

That will search ONLY droidforums.net and all results will include the word terminal and the phrase remove rom manager. If you want to exclude any word put a - in front of it, a + will mean you wish all results to include that word, and for phrases use the " like shown. :)

Hope this helps.

interesting, thanks

OSX2000

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Every time I try to search for something I get tons of results, but NONE seem to apply to my search.

Example: in Android apps forum, search this forum: Advanced Map
results in an endless list of threads that I can't see anything applying to my search.
DF's search doesn't do phrases. So with your "advanced map" search, it gave you back everything with the word "advanced", and everything with the word "map". So yeah, use Google, like furbearingmammal said.