SD now useless..

nolanz2

Reaction score
I'm new to this so I'm not sure if this belongs here..
Today I was using double twist to put some musicc on my droid 2, maybe 3 albums worth, and now whenever I turn m phone on and my SD card tries to mount my phone freezes and I have to take the battery out.. all of my pictures are on there and I don't know any way to fix it. Any hhelp would be appreciated!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What I would do is mount the phone to the computer and copy everything from the SD card to the computer.

After this I would format the SD with the phone and then just transfer everything back.

Not the most efficient way, but it should be a sure way...

OP
N

nolanz2

Reaction score
What I would do is mount the phone to the computer and copy everything from the SD card to the computer.

After this I would format the SD with the phone and then just transfer everything back.

Not the most efficient way, but it should be a sure way...

And that shhould work? It just seems like when I open my SD card as an external hard drive that the files that are on there aren't all of what I actuallly have

jayman350

Reaction score
do you have an SD card adapter or USB to micro SD? That way you can put it on the computer w/o using your phone.

I hate DoubleTwist. It has never worked correctly for me, it always leaves out at least some songs, airsync is a total joke I have never gotten it to work at all.

I hope you get what you need off of the card, once things are back to normal just do the good ol' drag and drop to manage your music.

OP
N

nolanz2

Reaction score
Drag and drop? I'll hhave to give that a look. But I'm just hoping I can copy and paste myy sd card into a folder and get the phone working long enough to format the sd card.. I can only hope for the best

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
And that shhould work? It just seems like when I open my SD card as an external hard drive that the files that are on there aren't all of what I actuallly have

your phone has internal memory as well and you may have saved some stuff from there.

Whatever you see on your computer in your sd card when the phone is attached is what's currently in there. I've had this problem once and did the same process and everything turned out fine. If you don't feel secure doing this then I'm not going to say it's your only solution.

As the other member said you could use a microusb adapter and plug the microsd card into that then you don't have to worry about messing up your phone somehow.

good luck :)

OP
N

nolanz2

Reaction score
Copied the files.. formated sd card via phone.. copied back to sd card.. evverything worked great! Thanks everyone!