SD cards

adakow

Reaction score
So I took a video last night with my HTC Incredible and now I want to put it on my PC. Tried e-mailing the file.. realized it was too big. I'm about to install the HTC software onto my computer but wanted to try something else first..

I looked through my phone completely and couldn't find a way to transfer media to my SD card inside the phone. I'm not even sure how to access all the files I have on my SD card for that matter.

My question is this: is there a way to transfer music/video/pictures to the SD card in my phone, from the actual phone? That way I can just unmount the card and plug it into my PC through a USB adapter.

I'm on a Droid X but when I plug my phone into my PC to charge, I have an USB icon on my notification bar. Just tap it and select USB mass storage.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yeah, same thing happens to me, but my questions doesn't have to do with the computer. I just want to know how to transfer files from my actual device to the SD card mounted in the same device.

Ya when I connect my X to my computer all my apps on my SD card loose their icons on my home screens =\ it didn't do this when I was on stock froyo. I did the OTA gingerbread update and now I loose the icons. Any ideas?

The icon thing is because when you plug your phone into the pc your only able to view the files on your phone due to the phone not recognizing having a sd card

The icon thing is because when you plug your phone into the pc your only able to view the files on your phone due to the phone not recognizing having a sd card

Yes but when I remount the card and do a reboot the icons don't reappear.

So you want to transfer files on your phone memory to your sd card? Have you tried using astro file manager, or androzip?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yes, you can. It's like any memory holder/file drive. Just copy-paste files.

You may can ,but may try var data cable from computer. if Mobile phones and computers have a bluetooth is the best way

Back