SD Card

sccracing

Reaction score
My daughter's phone had the same issue last week. She never removes the SD card. I unmounted and remounted and her missing apps came back.

I've had the exact same issue with my Vortex and I actually took one back thinking it was a lemon. But alas, it's no lemon...it's probably a software problem, but after I rooted my phone (gingerbreak) the problem went away. Verizon tech support has no solution and neither do the idiots at the stores.

cece5702

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what actually saves to the SD Card? I downloaded the app...Mp3 Pro and downloaded some songs last night and thought it was saving to my SD card but looks like it downloaded to interal storage. This is what I miss about my Droid X. When I had my X I could download items specifically to my SD card. Now I have no idea where my items are being downloaded to.

I called Verizon and Tech support told me that the Media Area is now considered my SD card? I'm steadily downloading songs and as far as I can see, nothing is on my SD card but a few pictures I took with the camera....Smh.....!

I guess with the Maxx when you download items to your phone whether it be pictures, songs, videos etc, your phone automatically saves the item in its appropriate storage area whether it be internal storage, Media Area etc? IDK!

bjorn65

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what actually saves to the SD Card? I downloaded the app...Mp3 Pro and downloaded some songs last night and thought it was saving to my SD card but looks like it downloaded to interal storage. This is what I miss about my Droid X. When I had my X I could download items specifically to my SD card. Now I have no idea where my items are being downloaded to.

I called Verizon and Tech support told me that the Media Area is now considered my SD card? I'm steadily downloading songs and as far as I can see, nothing is on my SD card but a few pictures I took with the camera....Smh.....!

I guess with the Maxx when you download items to your phone whether it be pictures, songs, videos etc, your phone automatically saves the item in its appropriate storage area whether it be internal storage, Media Area etc? IDK!

I am having same problem with RAZR All my stuff that's on my computer goes on the internal SD to the point it is full, while the external is empty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Ya they really borked the whole storage/memory thing. When it comes to organizing, I like it to be clear and concise like my laptop.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Select sd card for storage location in settings.

Edit: select sd card by long pressing on media sync...

Last edited:

cece5702

Reaction score
Its selected already! Is there a way to see whats actually stored on the SD card?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Its selected already! Is there a way to see whats actually stored on the SD card?

astro file manager, found on the market. Navigate to the sd card.ext and peruse at Will,lol. You can also long press in settings on the sd card and move stuff to the card from internal.

cece5702

Reaction score
Astro File Manager is a HUGE help:biggrin:. Now I see what's actually being stored on my SD Card. I noticed under Preferences/SD Directory, it gives me the option to select
1. mnt/sd
2. mnt/sd-ext

Whats the difference and which one should I select?

DocsDad

Reaction score

I noticed my Media Sync is set to "Internal". Is the "Stock" Maxx more efficient this way? Does it matter? Wondering if I should just leave it and if I fill the storage under the current setting...then change it. Will one way be better than the other if I ever need a replacement phone? It is my understanding that apps are not stored on the sd. Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I believe the mnt sets default on start up view... I left as is and navigate from there, glad that helped you!

cece5702

Reaction score
That is whats so confusing. I talked to a Verizon Tech last night and was told Apps are saved on the sd card under Media area! I give up. I'm getting a headache!!! This is like beating a dead horse to get a correct and clear understanding. Lol...:confused:
I noticed my Media Sync is set to "Internal". Is the "Stock" Maxx more efficient this way? Does it matter? Wondering if I should just leave it and if I fill the storage under the current setting...then change it. Will one way be better than the other if I ever need a replacement phone? It is my understanding that apps are not stored on the sd. Thoughts?

Thanks

DocsDad

Reaction score
That is whats so confusing. I talked to a Verizon Tech last night and was told Apps are saved on the sd card under Media area! I give up. I'm getting a headache!!! This is like beating a dead horse to get a correct and clear understanding. Lol...:confused:

LOL. Yep. I love my Maxx and it is doing everything I want without a hiccup, so I guess I won't change a thing.

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna leave it alone and just enjoy my Maxx to the max!!! I'm now trying to learn Swype! The world of technology!!!! Trying to keep up, Lol....:)QUOTE=DocsDad;2017937]LOL. Yep. I love my Maxx and it is doing everything I want without a hiccup, so I guess I won't change a thing.[/QUOTE]