SD Card

MDD1031

Reaction score
Today got a SD Card blank or unsupported file system message . Tried plugging it into PC using USB cord and a SD Card reader and it shows that it is empty and has no files, card will not format in phone. Broke out my old Droid that's laying around and put the SD Card from that into my Droid X, the phone recognizes the card. Only problem is it wasn't letting me view my photos from the old card in the gallery but if I use the file browser they are there. With the photos from the old card already on my computer I formatted the card in the phone. My question is what would cause this error? The phone was purchased about 6 weeks ago.

Had the phone 2 weeks or so and I rooted it using Z4root and Koush's bootstrap. Was using Drew Garens rom, the OTA update was released and I decided to flash the phone back to factory settings using RSD Lite and the SBF file. Had a few error codes but finding a different SBF file I was successful in getting the phone back to stock and pulling the newest OTA. After getting the phone setback up I put Z4root back on and rooted the phone and added Koush's bootstrap, rooted the phone but made no changes to any files. Could any of this damaged the SD Card? If so am I risking damaging the one I swiped from my Droid?

To be safe I used the unroot option on Z4root and removed the bootstrap, if I have to take it back to Verizon will they be able to tell I modded the phone? This post is long winded and most likely riddled with typos but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OP
M

MDD1031

Reaction score
Now it seems when I power off the phone and power back up the contacts I set specific ringtones for get reset.

Reaction score
Not sure about all the rooting stuff, but as far as the SD card goes I had the same thing happen to me. Turns out the SD card itself was bad. Got a new one and all is well.

Just out of curiosity, where did you buy your phone? I bought mine at Costco and they don't bundle their phones with Sandisk SD cards. They use some no-name brand. When I took it back because of the bad card they said I'd have to give them my phone and get a whole new one with a new no-name SD card in order to exchange it (in other words, they wouldn't exchange just the card). So I bought a $10 8GB Sandisk on Amazon and all is well.

OP
M

MDD1031

Reaction score
Both phones were purchased from a Verizon kiosk in BJ's and come with Sandisk cards.

scarabshell

Reaction score
Just happened to my wife's DX

Has anyone found a way to salvage pics off the SD after it does this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chazall1

Reaction score
I had the same problem last evening. What I did was remove the SD Card from the phone, put the Sd Card into the computer card reader. The card reader reconized the SD Card, I copied everything to my Desktop, Linux Mint. Placed the card back into the phone and re-formated the SD Card and all is well. Copied what I needed back to the SD Card, and no problems sense.