SD Card unmounted while connected via USB line?

Dealth0072

Reaction score
Hey, just got my first Droid phone (Droid 2 Global) and I love it, but I am encountering a problem. Every time I connect my phone to my computer so I can exchange multimedia inbetween them, I want to be able to preview the photos/music I have transferred before I sever the line. But it always unmounts the SD while it's connected through the USB line...is that normal?

cpjr

Reaction score
Yes, if your talking about on the phone....only 1 device can use the card at once, either the PC or the phone.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey, just got my first Droid phone (Droid 2 Global) and I love it, but I am encountering a problem. Every time I connect my phone to my computer so I can exchange multimedia inbetween them, I want to be able to preview the photos/music I have transferred before I sever the line. But it always unmounts the SD while it's connected through the USB line...is that normal?

I'm not sure if Droid Global got the same OTA as Droid X but I have the same issue occasionally. I get short reboots and the occasional unmount of SD myself after the update. Sorry I don't have a fix.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
D

Dealth0072

Reaction score
Aww darn! I heard it was bad to disconnect your usb line between your PC and phone if your phone wasn't charged fully/disrupt it while charging. Is that true? :/ If not then no worries.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Aww darn! I heard it was bad to disconnect your usb line between your PC and phone if your phone wasn't charged fully/disrupt it while charging. Is that true? :/ If not then no worries.

The only thing you need to worry about is making sure you eject the SD card from the computer before pulling the USB cable. This will make sure that there is no data being written and reduce the chances that you will corrupt files on the card.

Just right click the card icon on the computer and choose eject, or unmount, or whatever your OS version calls it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

The only thing you need to worry about is making sure you eject the SD card from the computer before pulling the USB cable. This will make sure that there is no data being written and reduce the chances that you will corrupt files on the card.

Just right click the card icon on the computer and choose eject, or unmount, or whatever your OS version calls it.
Haha, i can honestly say i never do this on my D1. I have never gotten a corrupt file on my D1 so far, and i always just pull out the chord when im finished pasting my files. Who is to say it wont happen to me though. :)

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Haha, i can honestly say i never do this on my D1. I have never gotten a corrupt file on my D1 so far, and i always just pull out the chord when im finished pasting my files. Who is to say it wont happen to me though. :)[/QUOTE]

I've done the same when I'm in a hurry or not thinking, and it hasn't bit me yet. Still,it only takes once, and that will be the one time I have something important on the card that I haven't backed up yet.