SD Card unmounted or unavailable

Lightninrod

Reaction score
That's the message I get when trying to do any thing related to storage.

I removed the 16 GB(Japan) card from my 2 day old X and reinserted it with the same results.

Any suggestions other than taking it to a corp. store?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so my assessment may not be applicable.

You are mounting your phone via the USB cable, taping the mount option and you receive the message (SD card unmounted or unavailable) is that correct?

Have you ever successfully mounted the phone and been able to access the SD card?

Mike

maligirl

Reaction score
connected

i got that message when i was still connected to the computer, uploading videos, songs and pictures and i was trying to see if they went. once unpluggd, i was able to view everything fine and no error messagedancedroid

droidism

Reaction score
i got that message when i was still connected to the computer, uploading videos, songs and pictures and i was trying to see if they went. once unpluggd, i was able to view everything fine and no error messagedancedroid
Not to insult your intelligence but when you connected the device to the computer, did you goto the notification bar and click on usb, then select mount? If you did and still got error, you can try one of two things:
1.reboot the phone
2.Go into your drawer, goto setting, then sd card and storage, there it will give you the option to unmount and remount your card...try that

maligirl

Reaction score
insult away!!! i am new to this entire thing. but i was in a hurry and just wanted to get some tunes and pics on it before i went out of town. haven't had chance to mess with downloading since. but i will make sure to do what u recommended!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
insult away!!! i am new to this entire thing. but i was in a hurry and just wanted to get some tunes and pics on it before i went out of town. haven't had chance to mess with downloading since. but i will make sure to do what u recommended!

Listen the first rule on this forum is to be NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

So if I understand correctly, you have successfully uploaded media to your SD card and this is a non issue. If that is correct no need to reply. If you still need assistance post a reply and we'll get you back on track.

Mike

GTUtechII

Reaction score
Not to insult your intelligence but when you connected the device to the computer, did you goto the notification bar and click on usb, then select mount? If you did and still got error, you can try one of two things:
1.reboot the phone
2.Go into your drawer, goto setting, then sd card and storage, there it will give you the option to unmount and remount your card...try that

I intentionally unmounted the SD without being tethered to USB... could not locate a "remount SD" option anywhere. Had to cold boot the phone to remount the SD...

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
I need help! "Memory Card is Unavailable"

i am looking all over for an answer to what is going on...

i had my DINC connected to my computer via usb and have added a few files, and have disconnected it and checked and the files were there and working on my phone.

this last time i disconnected it from the computer, my phone is saying 'memory card is unavailable' when i do anything memory related such as music player, etc.

i am scared i've messed up my phone! please help!!!

haley