SD card problem

xdegenerate

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Grand Prime
Hey All,

I don't know what I did. I previously rooted my phone, and everything worked nice for a couple of weeks, then one day I see some update being installed and suddenly the phones going nuts and wont read my external HD drive.

To cut a long story short, I had to reinstall the original firmware on my galaxy grand prime Z, and I have discovered I don't think it was the firmware at all, it was the SD card itself.

I've tried reformatting with the phone, via the PC, and even tried minitool partition, and cmd>chkdsk H: /F which tells me it sees an error, but choosing y to fix it does nothing.

I have seen some other tutorial on going through cmd and typing something else, but the only two drive volumes I get are my two internal harddrives. It's like it wont even look for a 3rd one.

The card is a Lexar, 32 gig, 633x micro SD. and I partitioned it a few weeks back for root reasons etc... however, now, nothing will erase and it wont reformat.

I run a format through right click, the regular way, (yes im selecting fat32) and it tells me windows can't reformat it. I try with the minitool partition, it says it's completed the process, but it hasn't as it refreshes and all the data that was there remains. and even just going to H:/ (it's name) and manually deleting folders does no good, as it deletes them, and looks like it worked, but when you open the card again everything is still there. yet there is not error or message saying it can't delete anything.

The only other info I keep coming across is dodgy looking posts about downloading this and that tool.

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes that might work before I just give in and have to buy a new one? lol

Thanks

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
try to delete the partition or volume using your pc in disk management. one thing I learned about sd cards is they can be fickle. they are easily corrupted. as a reply in one of your other threads stated, even taking it out of the drive at the wrong time can damage them. I think if you are unable to delete the partition, then to keep your hair and your sanity, it may be best just to get another card.

OP
X

xdegenerate

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Grand Prime
I never removed this card at all once I did a partician weeks back. It seems like it just fried itself. I've tried removing the partitions, but nothing seems to work. I guess i'll just have to get another SD.

Thanks.

JandN2639

Reaction score
We use SanDisk SD cards for our Android and cameras. They've never had problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk