sd card not showing up in drive

roach

Reaction score
I can not transfer files to my sd card. My new Razr Maxx HD is not showing up in computer after I insert usb.It was working before with my droidx,where it says computer connection on my phone it shows three choices,Mass Storage,Media device and Camera,I tried all three but none are showing.
Which one should it be on if I ever do get it to work.
What I did was take the card out of my droidx and I popped it in the razr maxxhd,I read where some people are formatting it but I don't no how.
I also put it in my reader and all my files show up.
Thanks

local17bri

Reaction score
I was having a similar problem with my Razr Maxx HD. It turns out that I did not have the SD card properly seated in its slot. I wound up using the blunt end of the sim card removal tool to push the SD card all the way into its slot till it "clicked" into place. To remove it, I will need to use the same tool to push the SD card in so it will unlock and can eject. I realized that the SD card cover was not perfectly smooth with the side of the phone if the sd card is not inserted all the way. When it is properly inserted, the cover on the side of the phone is perfectly flush.
Hope this helps