SD Card looks different on OG Vs Droid. Can't find out How to Get my stuff moved.

jlwardn

Reaction score
I am looking at how things are filed on my SD card on my OG. My SD card on my new Bionic does not show anything.....
I want to move over my face pictures so I can have them attacted to my contacts but really don't want them in my gallery all of the time...thoughts?
I also want to pull all of my ringtones off of my other phone but I don't see anywhere to put them on the new Bionic? Can I just create a file that says ringtones and somehow point the Bionic to them?

johnd09

Reaction score
You're best bet with the SD card is to buy and adapter to hook it up to a computer and copy the files between. As for the ring tones I don't know of any way to move ringtones not on the SD card other than Bluetooth, especially unless you have root. If you are rooted you should be able to find them and transfer them over with a computer.

Sent from a BAMF'd 'bolt using Droid Forums

Droids

Reaction score
If you're going to add ringtones to your Bionic you should be able to do the same as the OG Driod. On the SD card create a folder named Media and create a folder structure under it like so... add your files in the appropriate folder and the phone will see them.
  • Media
    • Audio
      • Alarms
      • Alert
      • Notifications
      • Ringtones
As for contact pictures, aren't they stored in your gmail contacts? I think they move to the new phone automatically.

OP
J

jlwardn

Reaction score
If you're going to add ringtones to your Bionic you should be able to do the same as the OG Driod. On the SD card create a folder named Media and create a folder structure under it like so... add your files in the appropriate folder and the phone will see them.
  • Media
    • Audio
      • Alarms
      • Alert
      • Notifications
      • Ringtones
As for contact pictures, aren't they stored in your gmail contacts? I think they move to the new phone automatically.

Thank you...that is very helpful. As for my contact pics....I don't know how they are stored. Out of 28 contacts only one had his picture transferred. I don't know how they were saved or added on my OG since it was 2 years ago.

Droids

Reaction score
Maybe some of those contact pics came from Facebook, if so you may just need to log into Facebook on the phone to get them again. I disabled that Facebook option long ago.

I don't have my Bionic yet, waiting for Costco to get some more 'cause I want the bundle.

alm0614

Reaction score
Maybe some of those contact pics came from Facebook, if so you may just need to log into Facebook on the phone to get them again. I disabled that Facebook option long ago.

I don't have my Bionic yet, waiting for Costco to get some more 'cause I want the bundle.

you can order the same deal online fyi