SD Card has too many folders

s3t0

Reaction score
Theres soo many pointless folders in the SD card the phone has created that have no files in them....can I delete them?:greendroid:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What are they?

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
mostly caches

com.phonefusion.voicemailplus.android
DATA
MUSIC with caches that are 0kb in size
LOST.DIR
google_maps_navigation with caches and debug files empty
sb
sb2
tmp
bluetooth
borat......... lol

how can i put my ringtones in the phones storage
and place my pointless apps on the sd card?
ive been messing around with astro but it wont let me!

clunker

Reaction score
I think you have to root the phone to be able to save files to the main phone storage. Not sure if a rooted phone can run apps off the SD card, probably. But without rooting I believe you are out of luck.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can only place ringtones on the sdcard.

I don't worry about how the card is organized, I let the OS handle it.

I do have a Media folder with ringtones, notifications, movies, photos created tho.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can only place ringtones on the sdcard.

I don't worry about how the card is organized, I let the OS handle it.

I do have a Media folder with ringtones, notifications, movies, photos created tho.

Yeah I wouldn't go around moving/deleting stuff. It may seem cluttered but all the files and folders talk almost little to no space

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I had to format my card the other day. Don't worry, whatever folders the os needs it will re create. It just slows down the phone when it does.

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
well for some reason my phone dosent use my ringtones anymore!!
im still reading about the rooting process to see if it will benefit me

it seems odd that all the apps go on the phone when theres soo much room on the sd card, yet the sounds cant go onto the phone

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...stom-ringtones-text-alarm-tones-inactive.html

this is the other thread i made sorry for multiple posting, im watching my phone light up from a phone call with 0 sound, but if i use the generic tones it works fine and it sucks because my alarm dosent work anymore!!! Help!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
My sdcard is the same way but I'm not gonna mess with any of them unless their old update.zip files, or stuff like that. I thought about formatting my card to clean ir all up...but I didn't wanna lose all my music and pictures and such...but I guess I could make copies of all of it on the computer and then just put that stuff back on afterwards...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you have to root the phone to be able to save files to the main phone storage. Not sure if a rooted phone can run apps off the SD card, probably. But without rooting I believe you are out of luck.

Uh, no... You cannot run applications from the SD card. It's currently a constraint in the operating system. "Rooting" does not change that.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I figure if it showed up on the SD card the OS put it there for a reason. I leave it there unless I remove the app it's associated with.