SD card and app problem

eskimo2003

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my SD card and running apps. Recently I tried to open astro file manager to clean up my SD card and it was working great for a while. Now every time I open the app my SD card unmounts by itself. I haven't tried to format the card but I have stuff on there I don't want to lose. Also can any one recommend a good file manager?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

kramer56

Reaction score
good luck did the same to me sunday when a lady from htc told me to do it. my phone will not format my card. it wont even highlight selection. I saved all too my laptop and wiped card clean but didnt format cuz i dont know how,and put a few pics back on it by emailing my phone number and saving to card. what a PITA!!!!! Thanks astro

OP
E

eskimo2003

Reaction score
Great sounds like a lot of fun...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

spacemonkey03

Reaction score
I have a mildly unrelated issue... I can't figure out to do the simple task of backing up apps. I've been reading that it can save file size and help prevent app storage notifications. Anyone able to break it down for me?

Sent from Spacemonkey03

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a mildly unrelated issue... I can't figure out to do the simple task of backing up apps. I've been reading that it can save file size and help prevent app storage notifications. Anyone able to break it down for me?

Are you rooted or running stock?

spacemonkey03

Reaction score
I'm running stock. This is my first smart phone and don't really know the benefits of rooting and honestly don't even know how to do it lol

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open Astro. Tap menu, tap tools, tap application backup manager.

I've not ever used this particular function so I cannot verify that it will allow you to safely restore your applications.

All of your apps are associated with your Google account so you can restore the apps but not the data. Open market, tap menu, tap downloads

Hop this is helpful.

Mike

spacemonkey03

Reaction score
Right on, sounds simple enough. I appreciate the advice. Hopefully this will take care of my notifications.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed that you were having notification issues. What app is causing you a notification issue?

spacemonkey03

Reaction score
I have no clue... it just says that the memory is low and I have 6 gigs of space available. I read that backing them up can make them not use as much space and I've put everything it let's me on the sdcard

spacemonkey03

Reaction score
When it says the memory is low, is it talking about the memory on the running apps? Everytime I clicked the notification it took me the "manage apps" screen