SD apps not showing.

forstir9

Reaction score
My apps that were transfered to my SD card are not showing in the app drawer. This problem isn't all the time but quite frequent here lately. I was on superclean 2.9.2 with voodoo. I would reboot my phone and they would show back up...sometimes a reboot wouldn't work at all and I would have to check the app drawer often until they showed up. Now I am on the comm rom and it is much worst. A reboot doesn't show my SD apps but after about a hour they might show in my app drawer. What could my problem be? I still have the EB01 radio and I was thinking about trying the evil fascination rom ti see if that could fix it. My PC went down so I can't odin right now...the laptop we have at home is a Macbook and from what I understand can't be used to Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
F

forstir9

Reaction score
Wow, now I search a little deeper and it appears that I can't install anything from the market or from the Amazon market. My phone sees the SD card because I can view my pictures and videos. However I can't access any apps that is on my SD card. Am I the only person to see this? Can I go back to stock without a PC?

OP
F

forstir9

Reaction score
I reverted back to SC 2.9.2 with voodoo and everything is working again. I guess I can't use the new roms with EB01.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I reverted back to SC 2.9.2 with voodoo and everything is working again. I guess I can't use the new roms with EB01.

This is an odd issue and chances are has nothing to do with the newer ROMs, but more to do with your setup of the ROM etc...

No one else is reporting these issues I have seen...Besides the Fascinate has plenty of onboard memory that sd apps serve no real purpose anyway except to take longer to access and open the cached files created and maintained on your sd card....
I have a few assigned to the sd card now, generally the ones that install there by default, and have had no issues with them showing up in the app drawer

It does take a min for them to show up...If you run a custom launcher like LauncherPro just restart the launcher and it will refresh the app drawer

The EVIL Fascination and COMMunity ROM v1.3 are excellent ROMs and run great ....I also suggest stepping up to the newest CWMR 3.0+ and at least the EC01 radio to run them....all this can be found here in the Development section or over on XDA of course

EDIT: Also here is the MAC thread link if you haven't already checked it out... http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...formation-mac-os-x-users-updated-04-07-a.html

Last edited:
OP
F

forstir9

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I went back to SC 2.9.2 with voodoo. I then flashed the evil rom and everything seems to work okay. It might have been the comm rom or something I did wrong when I put the comm rom on. As far as CWR 3.0 and the EC01 radio goes... I am out of luck right now because my PC went bad. I need to get a new PC to replace the junk I had for the last 4 years. I am pretty sure I need odin for the radio and CWR. Is that correct? Jeez, after I get the radio and new CWR on my phone I need to upgrade my kernal... I think I will stick with the evil rom though. I like the colors better than the comm rom.