Screenshots

semi_n00b

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to take screenshots using the SDK, without root? ALSO: I am thinking about rooting my phone, but i had updated to 2.2 FRG22D software.. if root is possible on this build, could you please let me know? thanks :)

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to take screenshots using the SDK, without root? ALSO: I am thinking about rooting my phone, but i had updated to 2.2 FRG22D software.. if root is possible on this build, could you please let me know? thanks :)

Funny, I literally justed posted this to another user with the same question.

+++++++++++++++++

Here's a nice walkthrough on Droidlife:

How to: Take Screens Shots without Rooting your Motorola Droid - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Note: For some reason I had a lot of trouble doing this at first. I had to update USB drivers through an app I downloaded from the Motorola site, the Android SDK wasn't working. I posted about it here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/750-droid-screen-capture-3.html

But try following the steps before bothering with the USB update.

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA

Good Luck and we look forward to your screenshots!!!

motaumar

Reaction score
Is there any app that will work on the Droid razr for taking screenshots without having the phone rooted?
Which ones are the best?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
No Root Screenshot It seems to work for me

That's gotten good reviews,and I'm fine with installing a program on my pc, but every time you restart your phone you have to reconnect it to your pc?

I make a point of rebooting my phone once a day so that just seems like a pain. It would be nice if they came out with a way around that, like a wifi connection.

xtor

Reaction score
I think ics will have screen shots

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I really hope we get screenshots with ics. Thats one thing apple for sure has over Android

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think ics will have screen shots

Yes, ICS has Screenshot built in. You hold Power and Volume down if I'm not mistaken.

logantrust

Reaction score
Is there any way to capture screenshots on a Razr Maxx like you can from an iPhone?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Press volume down and power at the same time, hold them for a few seconds. That's all there is to it :)

Also if you hold if you continue to hold them down after the screen shot, your device will do a simulated battery pull... very important feature to know about with the razr and maxx.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also, welcome to the droid forums :)

Reaction score
Press volume down and power at the same time, hold them for a few seconds. That's all there is to it :)

Also if you hold if you continue to hold them down after the screen shot, your device will do a simulated battery pull... very important feature to know about with the razr and maxx.

What he said...

AirJunky

Reaction score
Just an additional note to this......

If you have your volume up, then the phone makes a camera shutter sound & it saves the screen shot in the Gallery. Then you can email / post that file to wherever needed.