screenshot

imgrtful

Reaction score
is there an app that takes screenshots of your droid without being rooted.i know the iphone does this and i can do it using drocap if i root.but as of now,im staying unrooted.no benifit to root as of yet for me.tried it and it isnt as good as the d1 was.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. I can't understand it either, it seems to me that it wouldn't be that difficult to come up with.

Then again, I'm not a developer. But if they can make an app that can tell me what song is playing on my stereo 3 rooms away, provide lyrics and videos for that song how difficult can it be?

Natey2

Reaction score
is there an app that takes screenshots of your droid without being rooted.i know the iphone does this and i can do it using drocap if i root.but as of now,im staying unrooted.no benifit to root as of yet for me.tried it and it isnt as good as the d1 was.

The SDK installation on your PC will enable you to take screenshots while your phone is connected via USB.
Also check out MyPhoneExplorer... screenshots while connected via USB, but no SDK installation required.
The Gingerbread release exposes the SurfaceFlinger screenshot API so that no root privilege is required, but I don't see any apps that use this very new API yet.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The SDK installation on your PC will enable you to take screenshots while your phone is connected via USB.
Also check out MyPhoneExplorer... screenshots while connected via USB, but no SDK installation required.
The Gingerbread release exposes the SurfaceFlinger screenshot API so that no root privilege is required, but I don't see any apps that use this very new API yet.

Impressive app. Says it will sync Outlook, Thunderbird Sunbird and Lotus Notes! Didn't say anything specific about screen shot, but I'll take your word for it.

Seems to be PC only however. Still if you have a Mac running Windows I suppose you could mount via virtual machine or by using boot camp.

Natey2

Reaction score
Didn't say anything specific about screen shot, but I'll take your word for it.

My screenshot using MyPhoneExplorer:
aefe2227-96dd-2279.jpg