Screen won't time out

CmroIROC87

Reaction score
My screen won't time out. Yes I've checked my timeout settings. Currently set to 30 seconds. Screen dims but wont lock. Any ideas?

New2Droid2010

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and would love some feedback as well. It's eating the battery alive - mine is set to 1 minute but doesn't time out. I'm wondering if we downloaded an app that may have screwed up the setting? I am coming from a BB Storm and I like the Droid X alot but I also liked have one place to control the default settings of the phone. :-( Mine worked at first but I noticed today it dims but doesn't go black. Thanks! :motdroidvert:

Droidx_guy

Reaction score
I would suggest getting an app killer and killing apps that you are not using some of them will prevent your phone from sleeping.

vdubbervt

Reaction score
I was having the same issue until after I read this post- I erased a live wallpaper app called "Lightning" that I wasn't even using, but apparently it was causing the screen to stay on even though my phone was set to 2 minute timeout.

I erased it, restarted my phone, now all is good!

robertronz

Reaction score
rebooting worked for me

I agree that an app is most likely preventing the display timeout. I have no clue which app(s) might do this though.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
First of all DO NOT download a task killer. They are trouble makers and are not needed with the Android OS. They cause a lot of issues for the Droids. So if you have a task killer, get rid of it.

As for figuring out which app is causing the phone not to sleep, I would suggest you think about which apps you installed around the time you noticed the phone not sleeping. Then start by deleting the apps one by one. In between deleting apps see if the phone will go to sleep. (BTW does the phone go to sleep when you hit the power button??)