Screen went blank during use everything else still works but blank screen. Droid X

freeder23

Reaction score
My droid X screen went really dim and then blank while using the navigator. I did a hard reboot by removing and re-installing the battery. The phone comes back on but the screen is blank. I can swipe and feel the vibration you get from unlocking the phone but still just a black screen.

I recently updated the software on the phone (a few days ago) but didn't have any issues.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks!

Savagerun

Reaction score
You can try wiping the cache partition. Don't worry it won't erase anything or do any harm. Power off your phone or pull battery out then put it back in. Next press your home button first and hold it in then press your power button and hold both buttons in till you see a triangle on the screen. Then press both volume buttons in at the same time. That will get you in recovery then use your volume button to scroll down to where it says wipe cache partition and select it with your power button. Once the cache is wiped just select reboot system.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
F

freeder23

Reaction score
Thanks but this didn't work. I just tried the same thing with Verizon tech support on the phone. Screen is still blank. Nothing ever comes up even when trying this special bootup.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
My droid X screen went really dim and then blank while using the navigator. I did a hard reboot by removing and re-installing the battery. The phone comes back on but the screen is blank. I can swipe and feel the vibration you get from unlocking the phone but still just a black screen.

I recently updated the software on the phone (a few days ago) but didn't have any issues.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks!

Greetings freeder23! Sorry to see that you're having issues with your Droid X. I recommend trying to use the phone in Safe Mode to see if this issue is related to an app on the phone. Please follow these steps:

1. Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Touch Power Off
  3. Touch OK
  4. Press and hold the "menu key", then press the power key to power on device
  5. Continue holding the "menu key" until "Safe mode" appears in the left corner of the screen.
  6. This may take up to 30 seconds.
  7. "Safe Mode" will appear in the bottom *left* corner
If you do this and notice no problem with the display, then it is likely due to a corrupt application. I would recommend removing apps one by one to see if it resolves the issue. If you still have a problem with the display, you may consider doing a factory reset.

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:
  • Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications
It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

DionM_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter! VZW Support (@VZWSupport) on Twitter