screen timeout

matt192004

Reaction score
When I use my droid 4 sometimes when im on the camera are just sending a text message the screen will cut off like the display cut itself off. I have went in and set the screen timeout to never time out BUT sometimes it still cut itself off anyway like IF im in the middle of a text it doesnt do it all the time and my friend has a razr maxx and she says her does the same thing as my droid 4 so is this a problem motorola is aware of and something that can and will be fixed with a softare updatr are what causes this. I checked it and when it tiems off it like I turn it back on and with in 2 seconds it goes right back off.

Benton

Reaction score
I have not had the same exact situation and have my screen timeout set for 2 minutes (this sometimes seems too fast). I have read that some people were having the screen turn off while typing a text and found that they were pressing the power button with one of their fingers that was securing the phone while they were typing, it wasn't obvious to them at first until someone else mentioned the issue...could this be possible?

ReverendOD

Reaction score
My razr maxx does the same thing, and its not touching the power putton as i have had it happen with the phone sitting on a table top not touching the sides.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Maybe a problem with the proximity sensor? I've had trouble typing my voicemail passcode into the onscreen keyboard because my finger would get too close to the proximity sensor and the screen would turn off.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To see if your proximity sensor is functioning correctly, try androsensor..

The ops scenario of the power button acting like its been pressed twice is a known issue. All of my maxx's do it :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

silverfang77

Reaction score
Try disabling in pocket detection.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.