Screen Timeout...What do you set yours on? Please help?

dreemesicle

Reaction score
What do you guys set your screen timeout on? Mine is on 1 minute and it can be a bot of a pain but I don't want to drain my battery. Does this have a big effect on the battery? Thanks a bunch!
Tammy*

Thurston

Reaction score
I just installed screebl from marketplace and it seems to work well so far. It senses the angle of the droid. You can adjust the angle at which you want it to stay on and at which it times out after 15 seconds.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Last edited:

mnmbaldwin

Reaction score
I went to 2 minutes, a lot less annoying, rarely times out before i want, I'm actually in a habit of timing it out myself. Battery made it all day with quite a bit of use - only had it 3 days so you can imagine I'm playing with all the bells and whistles.

xwera43

Reaction score
I have mine set to 15sec. and touch the screen often enough that (for the most part) it doesn't turn off. Sometimes if I'm fast enough after it goes black I can hit the power button and the screen will light up before the lock screen kicks in.

~X

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can enable the Auto Brightness function for the display. I found this to greatly help with the battery consumption of the display.

You can go into Setting > About Phone > Battery Use to see just how much juice that big beautiful display uses in comparison to the rest of the phone.

hrachkasaryan

Reaction score
screebl is a pretty sweet app that essentially solved all my autolock/autosleep issues. All other apps I have tried did not do it as well. If your screen sleeping to soon, or autolock in the car or what ever. Try screebl and youre set

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just use the 2 min timeout and manually lock the screen with the power button if i am done and am pocketing the droid.. works for me :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have mine set for 30 seconds, more then enough time to do what i need, and usually i touch the screen alot anyways.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I want to add another vote for screebl...it's a great app and it will actually save battery life by shutting down phone in less than 15 seconds if you lay your device down and dont move it...

That can save a lot of minutes throughout the day : )

Screebl lite is a must have in my opinion.

Willyammer

Reaction score
I have an issue with my display always resetting to 15 seconds no matter what I set it to. I reset it and it holds for a few minutes but it eventually resets.

Screebl doesn't work either. The app appears at the top of the droid but it usually shows as empty (not green the way it would when it is engaged), no matter which position I have the phone.

Is this a problem with my droid?

LordKastle

Reaction score
If it is annoying for you then simply change it to 10 [my option right now] minutes or 30. Then just turn it off manually. I never kept it on the "Never" option that came with the original Android OS before the update but I find it kind of childish that they got rid of the option and have 30 instead.

It is basically like saying that they can't trust us with our own phones and for our better being and safety they will turn off the screen for us. Thanks.

Willyammer

Reaction score
If it is annoying for you then simply change it to 10 [my option right now] minutes or 30. Then just turn it off manually. I never kept it on the "Never" option that came with the original Android OS before the update but I find it kind of childish that they got rid of the option and have 30 instead.

It is basically like saying that they can't trust us with our own phones and for our better being and safety they will turn off the screen for us. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean... I said my display is "always resetting to 15 seconds no matter what I set it to." That means 10 minutes or 30. I've tried them all. Even "Never" on the original OS.

mark729

Reaction score
I got same problem whatever I set the screen timeout it goes to 15sec.
I also use screebl but I dont know why it sets to 15 sec automatically.

I have an issue with my display always resetting to 15 seconds no matter what I set it to. I reset it and it holds for a few minutes but it eventually resets.

Screebl doesn't work either. The app appears at the top of the droid but it usually shows as empty (not green the way it would when it is engaged), no matter which position I have the phone.

Is this a problem with my droid?