screen shot

Sonny_TMCF

Reaction score
Anyone know how to take a screen shot on a droid x

Last edited:

ffej89

Reaction score
I wish i had root so i could just use shoot me but i dont and it seems like this is the way for non root for now.

Step 1: Enable USB Debugging

Step 2: Download the Android SDK
Download the SDK for your platform here (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html). Go ahead and plugin your Android handset into a USB port on your computer, if it is not plugged in already.

Step 3: Run DDMS
You need to open up the DDMS application from within the "tools" folder in the Android SDK's main folder.

After DDMS launches, select your handset from the menu on the left (it should be the only device listed). You might see an error message, but the debug tool should be loaded. Then, click CTRL-S on your keyboard. This will bring up the "Device Screen Capture" interface. From here, a static image is captured from what is appearing on your handset. You can save the image (nicely defaulted as PNG) and then refresh to your heart's content to grab updated or different screenshots from your phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
dropcap2 sucks, try screenshots. It's free and does a much better job then dropcap2.
Funny, I could never get Drocap to work for me and there was such a hype about it...glad to know my opinion is a shared one, BTW I use Shoot me [also free]

RUSSGETTLMAN

Reaction score
Is there a screen shot app for the RAZR maxx HD the you do not have to root to make work

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Built into the OS since ICS .... Hold down power button and volume down for a few seconds

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2