Screen Refresh

jschlis

Reaction score
After not updating to 4.4 for quite some time I decided to update. (not yet to 4.4.4). Since updating my screen will refresh 3,4,5 times when opening an app. Doesn't matter what app, aquamail, cnn, twitter, bgr, feedly etc. I tried isolating to see if it only happens on wifi or 4g but it occurs without rhyme or reason. I have cleared the cache partition 3 times. I do not want to do an fdr since I have the phone and app setting set very well and don't want to redo everything. Any ideas or suggestions?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Are you using art or dalvik runtime? Are you rooted or stock? Why not update to 4.4.4?

Sent from my XT1060

doogald

Reaction score
It's *probably* an app you've installed. I'd look at any apps you've installed recently, or were updated recently.

OP
J

jschlis

Reaction score
I switched to ART but the problem persisted so I went back to Davlik. Not rooted. I am apprehensive about going to 4.4.4 afraid that new problems might arise. I have no new apps installed and have actually cleaned out alot of apps but still the problem persists. Took off Nova, Swiftkey, Seeking Alpha, turned off developer options.

doogald

Reaction score
4.4.4 fixes bugs in 4.4. Especially if you're unrooted, I'd say take the upgrade. If you're flickering screen problem continues I'd get prepared to factory reset. If it persists after that, it might be warranty replacement time. It might be time to hurry to decide if you were an early buyer of the Maxx - it came out august 20 last year, so the one year warranty is getting close for people who bought the phone early on.

OP
J

jschlis

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. Will upgrade to 4.4.4 and keep my fingers crossed.