Screen not timing out?

portermac

Reaction score
So I have noticed that my phone is not sleeping after the minute I have it set to. I even tried 15secs and it still didn't sleep. Is there something else that can keep the phone from never sleeping other than the one in settings/screen?

Update: a reboot cleared up the problem.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jdparise

Reaction score
When u disconnect from hdmi it does that. Restart the phone and it will fix it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Same here...I did waht was metioned above and it worked...don't know if that will an issue for Motorola to look into..

Beka27

Reaction score
It WAS timing out. Suddenly, the past couple days I'm noticing that if I set the phone down and walk away for a bit, when I return it's still on. In the settings > display, the screen is set to time out after 1 minute.

Is there another spot that I need to check? Could a different setting be overriding that one? I'm not an Android newbie, I'm stumped.

Beka27

Reaction score
Ok. I rebooted the phone and turned smart stay ON. NOW (oddly enough) it IS timing out. I had turned smart stay off (b/c it never seemed to respond to my looking at the screen), but I'm wondering if the time out somehow NEEDS smart stay to be enabled?

Anyone care to experiment? Regardless, it seems to be fixed now.... Thanks for your help!

kparks

Reaction score
Beka27 said:
It WAS timing out. Suddenly, the past couple days I'm noticing that if I set the phone down and walk away for a bit, when I return it's still on. In the settings > display, the screen is set to time out after 1 minute.

Is there another spot that I need to check? Could a different setting be overriding that one? I'm not an Android newbie, I'm stumped.
Mine seems to be working I tried different settings and I can't manipulate ur problem.. I'm having auto rotating problems the screen is stuck in portrait I've had to factory reset 4 times seems to be working now tho I also know my way around android so I guess we got SAMSUNGED LOL..

jimmiem

Reaction score
This happened to me too. I don't know when it started but I just noticed it yesterday when I had the phone plugged in to the charger in my truck. When I turned the truck off the screen came on without me noticing. I got out of my truck without my phone and when I came back a half hour later the screen was still on and my battery had drained to 67%. I played around with the settings and rebooted the phone and finally it started working again. Not sure what I did to fix it.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
but I'm wondering if the time out somehow NEEDS smart stay to be enabled?

I turned off smart stay the first day when I realized it didn't work. Have had no problems with timing out. You may have just needed a reboot to clear up something.