Screen issues?

droid1215

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got the droid incredible 2 and am very happy with it, although 3 days after I purchased it I dropped and shattered the screen it is still working fine and I have insurance but I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Rather than using 1 of my 2 insurance replacements,
I was wondering if anyone knows of any tricks (or anything I could say to verizon) to get it as a warranty replacement.

Ive heard of 2 methods:
1 call verizon and tell them there is a problem with the speaker or something of that nature and they will mail me a replacement.

2 apparently I can go to the verizon store and replace this phone with any other phone (i just upgraded) and pay the price difference.

if anyone could tell me something simple to say to verizon or verify whether these 2 methods work or not I would be very appreciative.

Please help? I love this phone.

Thanks!
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
How about you do the right thing and use the insurance you pay for instead of trying to steal a new phone. As soon as they open the phone that you send back to them they will charge you the full retail price for the replacement they sent you. So yeah, send the phone to them after you lie about the warranty and enjoy the $600 bill.

This post is Incredible 2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How about you do the right thing and use the insurance you pay for instead of trying to steal a new phone. As soon as they open the phone that you send back to them they will charge you the full retail price for the replacement they sent you. So yeah, send the phone to them after you lie about the warranty and enjoy the $600 bill.

This post is Incredible 2

+1,000!

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

mikells43

Reaction score
Lol. True. They even bill u If ur wetness indicator is.activated so they wouldn't even get If out of the shipping box and u would already be 500+$ in the hole. If u do the next right thing, the next right thing will happen.

Sent from my inc. 2

Reaction score
If you don't want to use it, why did you buy the insurance? Any why the heck should Verizon send you a new phone for nothing when you dropped and broke it? I really don't get some people. :icon_evil:

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone else here. If you dropped it, own up to it and either pay the deductible or void the warranty and replace the screen yourself. [video=youtube;pBr9t_RKoN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBr9t_RKoN8[/video]

The digitizer (just the glass if the LCD behind it is fine is about $30 - Amazon.com: HTC Droid Incredible 2 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement + Engraving Tool Keychain: Cell Phones & Accessories. The link comes with some stupid engraving tool, but it is the cheapest offering I found for a 15 second google search. Feel free to research on your own if you want to go this route.

Edited due to the forum moving my "/video" tag to the end making the rest of the post unreadable.

Last edited: