Screen goes dim but won't shut off completely

lykofos

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on here. When the "screen timeout" time is up, the screen will go dim but not shut off completely like it does when you lock it via the power button.

It was working fine yesterday but not today. Haven't installed any new apps or updated any current ones, so I don't think an app is the culprit. I checked and rechecked all my settings and can't figure it out. This happen to anyone else / anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

portermac

Reaction score
Mine would not even go dim. Reboot will fix it our at least it fixed mine.

jdparise

Reaction score
It happens when you disconnect from hdmi. Restart to fix

OP
lykofos

lykofos

Reaction score
It happens when you disconnect from hdmi. Restart to fix

Ok, thx for the info! I did have it connected to the TV via HDMI last night. Shut the phone off and rebooted. screen is turning off again now.

Weird glitch. Hopefully they'll fix it with the OTA update coming in November.

Metalunna

Reaction score
Some things I have discovered (of course, this applies to my phone..I have no idea if your phone will behave the same):
1. When connected directly to HDMI port (using any of the modes ..ie. mirror, gallery..) if I unplug it, the screen will not time out.
  • If I go into the settings and switch to another time length..back out to Home and then switch it back to my original timeout setting and backout to Home..The screen will time out properly.
2. If connected to the Webtop Adapter and I'm in Webtop mode and just unplug the adapter, the screen will not timeout. My above fix does not work either...BUT..
  • If I go from WebTop mode to say, Mirror Mode and then Unplug the adapter..and then apply my fix above..the screen will time out.
Seems like a pain, but it only takes a second to change out the screen Timeout Settings. Worked for me 5 times in a row while testing..Finally got bored and stopped testing.

Better than a reboot if it works for you..

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Search works!

I just got my Monoprice $3 HDMI cables in. NetFlicks, apps, You Tube, etc looks awesome on the HDTV big screen. The home screen rotates when connected to the HDTV (why not always?).

But my screen wouldn't time out after I disconnected the HDMI. Power cycle worked for me!