Screen Forcing Itself Off

militant

Reaction score
Does anyone have the issue where the screen keeps shutting itself off randomly after a second or two while you're in the middle of something, only to unlock it, and have it shut itself off again, sometimes up to 10 times, before it finally stops doing it?

LT*

Reaction score
I have not had this happen to either D3s in the house. You've probably checked, but is the screen time out being reset?

OP
militant

militant

Reaction score
I have not had this happen to either D3s in the house. You've probably checked, but is the screen time out being reset?

Mines set at 1 minute. It's happened about 3 times in the month+ I've had the phone. Ill go to do something and the screen will do the normal lock button animation and turn off, hit the lock button, swipe to unlock, get about 1 second to look at the screen, and boom, same lock animation again. Rinse, repeat several times before it finally stops and allows you to continue what you were doing.

Lalia

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I've had my phone for only three days now and it keeps locking me out when I'm in the middle of doing something. My screen lock and timeout are both set to the max time so the only way it should lock is when I press the power key. I have Screeblr and No lock all installed but none are not preventing the problem. Any suggestions?

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I don't know if it's a software glitch, an interfering 3rd party app, or a hardware issue. I have never experienced this. You may want to try a factory reset first to see if that helps or contact vzw and see if they will replace it. If it happens again on the new one, I would suspect a faulty app.