Screen doesn't want to turn on.

wildbill86

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally tried romming my D2G, I made a stock backup, flashed the 2.33 sbf file, and then flashed hexen 1.0.1. I am liking it for the most part except sometimes when I press power button to wake my phone up the screen just turns black for a few seconds, and turns right back off. I have a pattern lock set to activate everytime the screen times out, but sometimes I have to press power button 6 tomes to get it to turn on. This is very annoying and would love to keep a rom on the phone, and anyone help me, should I just try latest angel rom? Edit, I notice it seems to mostly happen when I have something processing in the background and screen times out, just a bug maybe, any input would be helpful

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
It is probably a bug in the system. I would try wiping data/cache and reflashing heXen to see if that fixes it. I personally have not had any issues at all on heXen and believe it is the most stable rom available for the D2G.

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
I think it might have been because a large file I had being moved into a videosafe at the time, because it hasn't done it since I've been running tthe rom for about 2 days now, and not had a single issue otherwise, I am really enjoying it. I just wish that I could put my hotmail account in with my accounts in settings, it keeps telling me it can't connect to the server. :( I have an app for hotmail, but would rather have it linked in with my phone accounts.