Screen Dimming When Recieving Calls and Wont Come Back Up

peteypwns

Reaction score
i've had my droid for about a week. the problem I'm having is that when I recieve a call my droid will dim down. while i'm in the call if i take the droid from my face the screen wont light back up. once the call is finished it still wont light back up for another minute or two. its incredibly frustrating especillay if i need to call someone after I make a call.

I took it to verizon but the sales assistant told me that to solve the problem I just have to take the battery out. what a load of bs. take the battery out every time i have this problem. anyone experiencing this problem and if so are there any steps to solve it? thanks for the help

OP
P

peteypwns

Reaction score
I am. however when the guy at the store took the battery out and put it back in it was working fine until this morning when i woke up. now its just acting the same way as before. what a pain

OP
P

peteypwns

Reaction score
for a "smart" phone i just feel as if there would be a technical way to solve this as opposed to taking the battery out and putting it in

OP
P

peteypwns

Reaction score
Also when I'm on the phone I have to slide it out in order to see the screen. also jugg wheres the proxy sensor? also jugg what kind of H&K do you own?

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Your screen protector is probably covering the sensor. This should explain the proxy sensor location:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/72908;jsessionid=14F57FDED1EE1117E0251362DC5273C3.node0

I had a screen protector that covered the sensor on my old Env Touch and caused the same problem. I just cut part of it off that covered the sensor and it never happened again. Also I found this thread and have no problems going without a screen protector on the Moto Droid:
My Droid Will Always Go Naked - Android Forums

As for the HK it's a P30L in 9mm. Next will be a 45.

Last edited:
OP
P

peteypwns

Reaction score
thanks for the help. I'll check on the proximity sensor.

i got a usp tactical .45.

OP
P

peteypwns

Reaction score
naw. still having the same problem. what a pain in behind